[I][HATE][TAGS] Rifts (Beta 1.10) - A fully featured MMO plugin (UNDER REMODELING) [860]

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by OBudista, Jun 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

compgurusteve

This plugin is still under re-development. He's going to update when he's got a finished version done.

2. New craftbukkit breaks the mage spells

3. Offline

OBudista

Okay people, sorry for the delay but work came up, managed to get a decent amount of hours today on the plugin though.

So here is where we are! I'm now able to do a full melee combat with mobs (players should be fine as well but haven't tested it yet). Leveling seems also to be working, although I'm still in the middle of implementing the various experience point sources.

Here are some screenshots I took today during development:

Combat (with a random block) and health regen
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

Combat (with a diamond sword - notice the change on damage)
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

Me eating stuff (new config elements available to handle that)
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

The config allowing me to eat stuff (config is optional, there is now an additional field allowing you to eat outside Rifts)
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

Also the combat config
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

Notice that with the new combat configuration you will be able to change (within a certain margin) how the combat will work, what core attributes contribute to the hit/damage rolls and with the attributes' config you can say how much do they contribute.

The combat as it is configured right now is a simplified d&d system (thanks to sweet for having the patient to explain it to me):

To hit you roll a 20 die and then add (armor rating + dmg rating)
    (armor rating is the sum of the armor you have equiped - still needs to be balanced :p)​

To do damage you roll the weapon damage (between min and max of the weapon range) and you add dmg and remove pres (physical resistance)
    (dmg and pres are a core element, the amount depends on the configuration. Right now I've like 1 Strength tives 35 dmg and you need 100 dmg to get one dmg rating)​

What still needs to be done:
    • fix some documented bugs about health done
    • fix some documented bugs about gaining attributes done
    • finish leveling system (configs, leveling up, etc is already done, only needs the actual XP giving on each situation - blockbreak, blockplace, entitykill, etc) done
    • enable pvp
    • test skill activation and create the UI messages for conditions
    • item restriction on classes
    • configurable hit threshold on classes (combat related)
    • enable recurrent skills
    • enable permanent conditions
    • other minor stuff
    As you can see the big bulk of the work is done, right now only small things remain to be done, mostly small addons and fixes.

4. Offline

marinating

Looks promising but the spam would be horrid.

Aramillio likes this.
  5. Offline

compgurusteve

Interesting, you might set a configurable option to disable/reduce the messages, some may view it as chat spam. Also, does it announce heal/damage effects from other plugins as well? For example, ChairCraft has a function that allows healing while sitting. Will those display messages?

6. Offline

OBudista

There are functions (not active during development) to limit the amount of spam just like in the original version.

Indeed it does. I've made so that when some plugin or event outside Rifts does damage or provides healing, on the periodic checking (right now I've it turn for every second) it reports the change: "You've healed 25 HP" or similar. Notice that it converts automatically the ingame change to the internal Rifts HP.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  7. Offline

compgurusteve

Right so HP would have to be manually set from the other plugins, accordingly.

8. Offline

OBudista

No, it is automatically set by Rifts.

Imagine you've 40/40 HP, in terms of minecraft you would get 10 full hearts.
    Now you fall from a cliff or you enter a death field area that gives you 4 heart worth damage!
    On the periodic check (every second) Rifts will check the minecraft health and notice a 4 heart decrease in it. So it determins that it now only has 24/40 HP and that the player took a 16 HP damage and it reports it "You took 16 damage (24/40)".

In the same way, if you had 24/40 HP and you were to sit in that chair. If the chair gave you a heart per second, you would get messages saying that "You healed 4 HP (30/40)" and so on.

9. Offline

compgurusteve

So in actuality it's just adding numbers to the health system not actually effecting the health in general? I know when it comes to health mine craft counts a half-heart as 1, totaling 20 health by default. I apologize I have only been able to glade over your code/setup as of recent I've become extremely busy. Just curious as to what's going to effect hearts if at all.

10. Offline

OBudista

Each time you win or lose HP in rifts you win or lose hearts in minecraft.

11. Offline

WhosDaMan

Do you have any commands set up for reducing spam?
    Also I have a suggestion, instead of it constantly announcing your health, maybe you could do /health to quickly check?

12. Offline

Saul R.W

He, for purposes of testing is not using the /hide exp or /hide commands that Rift has.

13. Offline

WhosDaMan

Thanks Saul!

Any release date yet?

14. Offline

halfmonty

I'm obviously assuming you are going to wait for a stable build before you do any further work. (shouldn't take too long, build 950 is nearly perfect on my tests)

But it seems there was a change to EntityDamageByProjectileEvent as when testing the plugin on build 950, that is the error I get. Aside from that all seems well. This prevents mages and priests from being able to use spells of course but still. All things considering, it could be much much worse :p Can't wait till this all shakes out in a week or so lol

Code:
    2011-06-30 12:51:21 [SEVERE] Could not pass event ENTITY_DAMAGE to Rifts
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.bukkit.event.entity.EntityDamageByProjectileEvent.getProjectile()Lorg/bukkit/entity/Entity;
        at obu.Rifts.REntityListener.onEntityDamage(REntityListener.java:75)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$55.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:628)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:321)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntitySnowball.m_(EntitySnowball.java:159)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.entityJoinedWorld(World.java:1190)
        at net.minecraft.server.WorldServer.entityJoinedWorld(WorldServer.java:48)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.playerJoinedWorld(World.java:1172)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.cleanUp(World.java:1102)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:447)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

15. Offline

Companion

Yesterday I made a major post about it when servers were crashing (bukkit website) so I coulnt post. Also in previous versions of bukkit on almost all versions of Rifts. It causes major logs and I/O activity with means it causes laggy's.

Further of all I am working on the craftheads.net community we run MC with AuthDB for authentication/registration through the site. Currently we are wondering if there is a possibility to combine Rifts with AuthDB and get a sort of herochat alternative for guild/clan support etc.

Also there are from our side (New players) having difficulties with joining a faction cause they do not have much info about the classes.

My thought was more like to modify the registration command to some thing more interactive (I am talking about /joinrifts command)

It would be lots easyer for people who don't have much knowledge about signing up through consoles a method like this example:

-Server says: Welcome to XXXXX Server, chose a faction by saying: Dark or Light
    -Player says: light
    -Server says: Chose a class by saying its name: Fighter, Defender, Mage, Priest, Archer
    -Player says: Fighter
    -Server says: Fighter the noble knight of rifts, they can wear iron armor and crystal swords and have high dps with lots of strength and agility they will be able to do high dps.
    -Servers says: Do you want to be a fighter? Choose: Yes or No
    -Player says: Yes
    -Server says: You became a fighter for the ligth side

if a player says no it should be repeated at the seccond server line.

I wonder if this is a good suggestion ;)

Cheers!

compgurusteve and Saul R.W like this.

16. THIS IS SMART!

Everyone that joins my server all cant read signs or anything and they always tend to get stuck in spawn asking "HOW DO I GET OUT!" This should make it easier for them to get in and play!

17. Offline

Saul R.W

Wow this suggestion is very good. It is very interactive and I also agree new players cant read shit. Even using the signs to say:
    Fighter
    explain fighter
    in the sign

Then next sign you say all he can and cannot use, new players still ask.

18. Offline

WhosDaMan

I support that suggestion - It will prevent stupid questions being repeated thousands and thousands of times :p which is, of course, prone to happen on my server as is with any other server.

19. Offline

Plague

is this in remodelling or what? stuck in submissions for a while

20. Offline

Saul R.W

Yep, its a complete rewrite of the code.

21. Offline

Plague

@OBudista report the main post when it's ready

22. Offline

OBudista

will do

Meanwhile, to everyone else, here is a sample of what's going on right now:
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

compgurusteve likes this.
  23. Offline

WhosDaMan

I have a suggestion - in the built in chat system make a combat channel or something. The combat channel will be the only place to see all of the healing messages, skill selected messages, and etc. Now we don't have to use commands to toggle the spam - just view the chat channel!

24. Offline

Twaxx

Where can I find the permissions for the Rift plugin? :x

25. Offline

OBudista

Ok people, status update. Sorry for the delay, actual work kept be from the plugin development for a few days.

Skills are mostly done, I can already cast them and affect players and mobs alike. There are some minor issues with mobs and conditions but should be fast to end it.

All that is left for a test version of Rifts are the permissions and the recurrent conditions (meaning conditions that will not disappear, usually associated with classes).

I've just received confirmation that I shouldn't be bothered further with my current freelance job so I should be able to finish this quickly now as there will be no more distractions. Keep in mind that the first test version will be unpolished and that it will NOT be balanced. Some features will still be implemented as the tests continue, allowing us to parallel performance and balancing tests with the polishing and last minute developments.

I will also release another Rifts.jar along with the new Rifts jars. I will be working in fixing bugs and small changes to Rifts.jar during the tests.

26. Offline

compgurusteve

Forgot to mention it above, but the the casting times/delay/interruptions look Fabulous!

27. Offline

compgurusteve

28. Offline

xSh4dowXSniP3rx

Hi Obudista i think its great to discover that someone has picked up on the work of Rifts. Ive recently started learning Java and I have a pretty good understading of it. Ive messed around and fooled around with the original Rifts source code. I changed it up some. Anyways, i was just wondering if you need, or would like any help developing Rifts.

29. Offline

Saul R.W

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.