I can connect through no-ip sd to my server but others can't

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by SpiderLink, Jul 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

SpiderLink

So, i've set up a small bukkit server on my home machine(ran the bat, opened ports, allowed the SE through the firewall-both antivirus and windows firewall,etc.)

I've decided to give my friends a sd created using no-ip because my ip is dinamic and i don't want to make it static. I've set up my sd, downloaded their application, added my external ip (ipv4) to the server.properties and restarted the server. I've created a new server in the minecraft multiplayer screen using my sd from no-ip and it seemed to work fine. However when my friends tried to connect using the same sd...they would get the "Can't connect to server error" after pinging for a long time. I've disabled the firewall (all of them) but still nothing.... I said:"Ok....let's try hamachi than...." , i've set up my server for hamachi...started it...but now when i tried to connect my server would just keep pinging....I don't know what else to do....i've been using the same method to set-up servers for years (however at that time i had a Mac). Also...it does not make sense...if i can connect through no-ip which is an external service....shouldn't other be able to join to?..(especially is the firewalls are offline).

Short list of data to prevent unnecessary answers:

Ip: dinamic (set in server.properties)
    Firewall: offline
    Anti-virus firewall: offline
    Architecture: 64 bits
    Router: SpeedTouch 5x6
    Software Release: 6.1.0.5
    Java: 7 (1.7)
    Server type: online (tried offline too...still no result...and yes..i know this doesn't have anything to do with it but i ran out of ideas)
    Minecraft version: 1.7.9
    Bukkit version: 1.7.9 R 0.2
    Ipfingerprints:Host is up.

PORT STATE SERVICE

25565/tcp filtered minecraft
    Ports: opened in router ( i think...some testers say that they are..some that they are not..)
    Port: 25565

Could you help me please, would really appreciate it?

2. Offline

Prestigebumpss1

If your trying to get a domain ip, just use this tutorial right here.

3. Offline

SpiderLink

thank u for you answer but that's not exactly the problem...while i can connect through the dns provided by no-ip, others can't...and it can't be my firewall because it is offline...

bump

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  4. Offline

Prestigebumpss1

I think you need to port foward it. If you are using mac then use portmap, but if your using windows it is very frustrating to port foward. I suggest going on youtube to port foward.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.