Hunger Games

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by iiHeroo, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Offline

iiHeroo

Plugin Category: Fun, Economy

Suggested Name: Hunger Games

What I want:
    *NOTE: The config is all just a example, what I mean is, the chest's are just example, if you are willing to code this, that is not what I want in the chests. We can talk later on, on what we want.

I've read to look for a HG plugin that's out there that does this, well there isn't one out there like this.
    I want features to be:

I want it to have many features, the biggest one I want is, let me give you a example, theres 4 players, they play 16 games, 2 of the 4 win 8 games [highly unlikely] they get a rank for example called, [Slayer], when slayer they can play on Arena 2 with other slayers, and when you get 16 wins on Slayer, you'll get Master for example, playing with other Masters this part will be called the rank system, most likely for this to work it will probably require MySQL, but hopefull it will have a datafolder, and send a message to the server to do pex user <player> group set <rank>, also, there should be DeathMatch after 45 minutes, everyone likes a long SG game, but not one that's longer than 15 songs you were going to get you ready for the SG game this will be called the DeathMatch system, and, a broadcast system when each person dies, and when that person dies it will say for example [HungerGames] {PLAYER} was killed by {PLAYER} using a <ITEM>. 5 players remaining. Then there is the ArenaCer [ArenaAnnouncer] if a arena hasnt been played in a certain amount of time [default 10 minutes], it will globally broadcast it. Then there is one other add on that is automatically on, can't be disabled, when theres 10 seconds till game starts, at 5 seconds fireworks shoot off in arena above players every second, each firework is 1 second long. Then there is a SafeGuarded period automatically on, can only edit how long it lasts in seconds, what it does is, when the game starts, it gives time for players to run for chests to get items or run away and not get injured by players, but can die from anything else. When a player first joins, they cant move till the arena starts.

And for deathmatch example announcements it will start broadcasting at 5 minutes into the game, aka, 40 minutes remaining:
    [HungerGames] 40 Minutes Till DeathMatch
    [HungerGames] 30 Minutes Till DeathMatch
    [HungerGames] 20 Minutes Till DeathMatch
    [HungerGames] 10 Minutes Till DeathMatch
    [HungerGames] 5 Minutes Till DeathMatch
    [HungerGames] 1 Minute Till DeathMatch
    [HungerGames] 30 Seconds Till DeathMatch
    [HungerGames] 10 Seconds Till DeathMatch
    [HungerGames] 9 Seconds Till DeathMatch
    [HungerGames] 8 Seconds Till DeathMatch
    [HungerGames] 7 Seconds Till DeathMatch
    [HungerGames] 6 Seconds Till DeathMatch
    [HungerGames] 5 Seconds Till DeathMatch
    [HungerGames] 4 Seconds Till DeathMatch
    [HungerGames] 3 Seconds Till DeathMatch
    [HungerGames] 2 Seconds Till DeathMatch
    [HungerGames] 1 Second Till DeathMatch
    [HungerGames] DeathMatch Begins !

Another thing I want included is, Sponsors, in the config.yml or in another thing maybe like sponsors.yml you make a list of items of which you can donate to a standing player using /hg donate and it gives you a list of items you can donate, when you see a item you want to donate you do /hg donate {player} {ITEM_ID} all donations come in 1 item, not in stack, or 10 or 5. This will be called the sponsoring system. There will be rewards in this plugin that can hook into EssentialsEco, iConomy, etc. Then there is the cannon from the movie, this cannon will be Lightning. It will be discribed more below. If someone wins, you can set a reward if your server isnt just HG, as in like kits, tools, money. This will be called the spoils system, in the spoil system the command the OP will need to type is 0, 2, 3. The commands for example for the money will be /hg spoil money {amount} and/or want items do /hg spoil item {ITEM_ID} {AMOUNT} then another will be required for Spoil System to work, /hg spoil enable. Now the most important one, the chests, will be varied with items in it, and can be edited in the config, you can add/remove as which as you like, this will be called the ChestSystem. When someone wins a game of HG, fireworks will go off in the lobby spawn, now you might be asking how does it know where the lobby spawn is? Well it knows one corrd, but, what you'll do is this is a example command name, where your standing do /hg lf and it will set it as fireworks shoot from there, and do it for as many blocks as you want, this is always on and not configurable. Lobby wall will not be required to make, but will always be enabled, you can do this one manually, which would be described below in sign form:

[HungerGames]
    Join Here !
    Arena #

The one above you can do manually, the one you cant do manually can only be done via command using World Edit, you need to select 2 signs at least using world edit and type /hg gamewall this can only be done in a horizontal line of signs. The layout will look like this:
    1st sign 2nd sign 3rd Sign
    [HungerGames] [HungerGames] <player>
    Join Here ! 0 Alive <player>
    Arena # 0 Dead
    76 Slots

All this is configurable as in enabling/disabling

True = on
    False = off

-Rank System : True/False
    -DeathMatch System : True/False
    -DeathMatch Time [Default in minutes. Default time is 45 Minutes]: 45
    -Sponsoring System : True/False
    When somene Sponsors, how do they come in? 5 apples or just 1 apple?
    Default: 1
    -Items [Block ID's]
    -Cannon (By Default it will go off at every players position when there is 5 players left this will be called HMA [HowManyRemain], or 10 minutes till deathmatch this will be called the DeathMatch Cannon, goes off ever 40 seconds by default)
    -Interval In Seconds: 40
    -DeathMatch Cannon: True
    -HMA [Players, by default, 5]: 5
    -Chests:
    [Item ID, Ratio out of 10 Chests, how many come in that chest]

*NOTE: These are example items, will discuss more in Comments or PM.

-Items:
    -1 , 1 , 1
    -2 , 2 , 2
    -2 , 2 , 2
    -ArenaCer
    Enabled: True
    Interval [In Minutes]: 10
    SafeGuarded
    TimeInSeconds: 20

ArenaSettings:
    How Many Players To Start: 2

VotingSystem:
    [AlwaysEnabled]
    HowManyPeopleDoesItRequireToStart[Default 3]: 3

Another thing I suggest to add is a gray transparent box in the middle row of the screen on the left side, the layout of it will be like this,

[HungerGames]
    TimeRemaining:
    41:30
    PlayerRemaing:

*TimeRemaining will be off if DeathMatch is off. But Players remaining will always on.

TagAPI should hook into this plugin by having the other players have light red names.

In order to edit the arenas blocks, it must be closed.

*NOTE: After reading more of the READMEFIRST, the commands are below.

Ideas For Commands: Command- What it Does.

/hg vote - Vote To Start The Game.
    /hg lobby - Join The HG lobby.
    /hg join <arena#> - Join a Arena.
    /hg spoil - Enables Spoiling
    /hg spoil money <amount> -How much money if someone wins.
    /hg spoil item <ITEM_ID> <Amount> -What item you get and how much.
    /hg donate - List's the Donation Options.
    /hg donate <player> <ITEM_ID> -Donates the item to the player.
    /hg leave - Leave a HungerGames arena.
    /hg rm - List's the remaining players in the arena.
    /hg create - Create the HungerGames arena in a worldedit selection. [Automatically selects arena to edit]
    /hg select - Select a arena you want to edit, not edit as in blocks, but as in it's settings.
    /hg spsn - sps short for SetPlayerSpawnNext, it is the spot where you want players to spawn when they join.
    /hg arenas - List's all arenas.
    /hg da <arena#> - Delete that arena.
    /hg sl - Set's the lobby spawn.
    /hg start - Start's the game, still needs the required amount.
    /hg stop <arena#> - Stop a arena.
    /hg open - Opens all arena to be able to join.
    /hg open <arena#> -Open a certain arena.
    /hg close - Open a certain arena.
    /hg close <arena#> -Close a certain arena.
    /hg gamewall <arena#> -Set's the gamewall for that arena.
    /hg tpto <arena#> -TP's you to the first set spawn in that arena.

Idea's for Permissions: Command - Permission

*NOTE: COMMANDS ABOVE AND BELOW ARE IN SAME ORDER, BUT I DONT GUARENTEE THAT.

/hg vote - hg.vote
    /hg lobby - hg.lobby
    /hg join <arena#> - hg.join.<arena#> if you want all arenas for everyone just do hg.arena.*
    /hg spoil - hg.spoil
    /hg spoil money <amount> - hg.spoil.money
    /hg spoil item <ITEM_ID> <Amount> - hg.spoil.item
    /hg donate - hg.donate
    /hg donate <player> <ITEM_ID> - hg.donate
    /hg leave - hg.leave
    /hg rm - hg.rm
    /hg create - hg.create
    /hg select - hg.select
    /hg spsn - hg.spsn
    /hg arenas - hg.arenas
    /hg da <arena#> - hg.da
    /hg sl - hg.sl
    /hg start - hg.start
    /hg stop <arena#> - hg.stop.<arena#> or hg.stop.*
    /hg open - hg.open
    /hg open <arena#> - hg.open.<arena#>
    /hg close - hg.close
    /hg close <arena#> - hg.close<arena#>
    /hg gamewall <arena#> - hg.gamewall
    /hg tpto <arena#> - hg.tpto.* or hg.tpto.<arena#>

When I'd Like It By: July 15th.

2. Offline

pt1448

Oh my god. Just use the SurvivalGames plugin by Double0_negative or whatever his name is. It is like exactly the same! Or request an addon...

Archarin likes this.
  3. Offline

iiHeroo

There's a plugin out there that does this o.o I always look up HungerGames, never seen his.

Oh I just looked at his, since you said it's SurvivalGames, and he doesnt have donor, deathmatch, spoil, a rank system, or tp to arenas. But some of it may be similar in cases.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2016
  4. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Maybe you could ask for such functions?

5. Offline

iiHeroo

Nor does it have the arena's waiting broadcast system, fireworks, or something on the side with players and time remaining, the only thing that is simalar is the commands, how else would we create arenas? You can't select arenas, and the commands are very different, but maybe not what they do.

6. Offline

pt1448

Yes, it does have selecting arenas.

7. Offline

iiHeroo

mm, I'll try, but I'd like to see if this could get made.

8. Offline

pt1448

Sorry, but nobody will make a huge plugin that is almost exactly the same as another one.

9. Offline

iiHeroo

Then what's the command ?

"exactly" Now, I'm going to get Double's permission to see if I can get a modification :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2016
  10. Offline

fubarp

A lot of that you can do with multiple plugins combined.. Using fireworks could be a trigger event used in commandhelper when a match begins/ends... I feel like you just asked for a bunch of plugins combined which is always a poor thing since it creates a bulkier plugin that has a higher chance of having things fail..

11. Offline

pt1448

iiHeroo /sg join <arena> or set up signs...

12. Offline

iiHeroo

I'm talking about selecting arenas to edit.....

13. Offline

pt1448

iiHeroo You just /sg disable <arenaid> the arena and then you can build in it...

14. Offline

iiHeroo

Well this one you just simply do /hg close <arena#> then /hg select <arena#>

15. Offline

pt1448

iiHeroo Yes, but nobody would waste their time developing a new plugin with commands that are a tiny bit easier.

16. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

If you get an alias plugin then can you use your own commands. Just like pt1448 said, nobody wants to spendt time on an exact copy with just some different commands