Human Courier

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by ZhouRoy5757, May 3, 2014.

1. Offline

ZhouRoy5757

I think this might be fun because when you have a server where teleporting is not allowed (/home /tp /spawn) it might be handy to be able to ask a courier to bring stuff to other players and other things.
    Example features:
    - Players can be assigned as couriers
    - Couriers have extra speed (Controlable in the config?)
    - Couriers can transport items in the inventory (duh)
    - Couriers won't get detected by mobs (so they don't die)
    - Couriers won't be able to play survival mode like others (no breaking blocks, dealing less damage, can't get killed)
    - Couriers can transport players (By putting them on their head)*

Commands:
    Doesn't really matter

Permissions:
    Same as commands

If a plugin like this already exists, could you please tell me about it?
    Since I don't know where to post when you can't find a plugin but thinks there is one
    Thank You

*I remembered that there was a plugin that you could sit on other players, but I searched on dev.bukkit.org and I couldn't find it (Used keywords: "Player sit", "sitonplayers" "sitplayers"

2. Offline

TwoPointDuck

On it.

Need some more info.
    How are they selected?
    Does selection last?
    Can they unselect themselves?
    Can they drop items they are running out of the inventory?

I could also just put some of this in a config.

3. Offline

ZhouRoy5757

I don't really have time now, but I'll tell tommorow, else my parents might get angry ;)

What do you actually mean wth selected? If you mean that they want to be a courier (selecting a courier)
    How are they selected?
    If someone wants to be a courier they can typ a command (for example /hcourier join)
    If someone needs a courier to transport items/themselves they typ something like /hcourier call [items/player] [destination x-position] [destination z-position] and every courier in the server gets a message like: "Player" wants to transport items/himself (or herself) to x-position z-position and the first person to accept it can go there to bring that person/person's item.
    Does selection last?
    They're a courier till they typ something like /hcourier leave
    Can they unselect themselves?
    Yes ^
    Can they drop items they are running out of the inventory?
    Maybe a courier's inventory is always empty and 36 (Inventory + Hotbar) spaces are the limit or something like that.
    They can't drop anything and they can't pick anything up what's not from the person who called (hcourier call) that courier.

If you need more info I can just post it here
    Thank you :D

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2016