Hub Gadgets

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by IIxUnderWorldxII, Nov 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm working on a hub gadget type plugin and I'm trying to implement spawning & riding entities. I've looked everywhere for the horse but I can't find how to saddle it and when spawned able to ride. I've also had issues separating commands, there in different classes but when I try run the command from the 2nd class it just copies the command from the main plugin.

2. Offline

drpk

IIxUnderWorldxII
    Code:java
    1. Horse horse = (Horse) loc.getWorld().spawnEntity(loc, EntityType.HORSE);
    3. horse.getInventory().setSaddle();

also, please expand on the command issue. Are there any stacktraces?

3. drpk Doesn't seem to work.

4. Offline

jensdeboom

5. Offline

Skionz

IIxUnderWorldxII Did you create a new saddle ItemStack and fill the setSaddle() method's parameter with it?

6. Offline

jensdeboom

IIxUnderWorldxII Umh lol then add new ItemStack(Material.SADDLE) as a parameter...

7. Offline

Skionz

8. Offline

TheCodingCat

don't you have to make it tamed first? And to set the saddle I'm pretty sure
    horse.getInventory().setSaddle(new ItemStack(Material.SADDLE));

9. Offline

jensdeboom

?

10. I'm sorta new and sorta experienced, I've been doing it for a while now but I'm not great, I just need guidance so, whats 'setSaddle() methods parameter'

TheCodingCat I've tamed it.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2016
  11. Offline

Skionz

12. Offline

jensdeboom

Skionz ah k :p [OFFTOPIC] Could you look at my thread "stop spawning blocks from becoming solid" because I have an issue and I feel like I'm doing something wrong/stupid [/OFFTOPIC]

13. Offline

Skionz

14. Skionz I also want to ask, how would I do particle effects around the head? Links?

15. Offline

Skionz

16. Skionz Also what would I change it to, = true; or...

17. Offline

Skionz

IIxUnderWorldxII considering HorseInventory isn't a boolean, no. You wouldn't change it to = true;

18. Skionz What would I change it to then...

19. Offline

Skionz

IIxUnderWorldxII An instance of the HorseInventory class. Use Horse#getInventory().
    You really need to learn java before attempting the bukkit api.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.