Solved How To Use EntityEquipment

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by mkezar, Mar 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

mkezar

Hi. I am working on spawning in a zombie (which i have done) now, what i want that zombie to have is the exact armor and item i have in hand, in order to do this, i need to use EntityEquipment which ive never used before. How would i use it? thank you! :D

2. Offline

Funergy

@mkezar Isn't zombie.getEquipment().setHelmet(player.getInventory().getHelmet()); Working?

3. Offline

mkezar

well i never really declared EntityEquipment and i dont really know where to start...

to spawn the zombie i did
    Code:
    Entity e = player.getWorld().spawnEntity(player.getLocation(), EntityType.ZOMBIE);

4. Offline

nverdier

5. Offline

mkezar

6. Offline

nverdier

@mkezar What method are you using? But the Zombie class is at the end of a long list of extensions, eventually going to LivingEntity, so you can just use the method on the Zombie.

7. Offline

Funergy

@mkezar
    The Zombie from bukkit is an Living Entity. So just do what I did here. I casted the Entity to a Zombie (That is a LivingEntity) and then I can get the equipment.
    Code:
    Zombie z = (Zombie)player.getWorld().spawnEntity(player.getLocation(), EntityType.ZOMBIE);
    z.getEquipment().setHelmet(player.getInventory().getHelmet());

8. Offline

mkezar

OMG OMG OMG OMG :D :D :D It works! thank you so much! im like really happy right now :)

Funergy likes this.
  9. Offline

nverdier

10. Offline

mkezar

even though this thread technically is still in "solved" i have just ONE more question :p im trying to replace .getHelmet() with a players head and its not working out so well :p is there any methods that gets the players head like player.getHead() or like player.getSkull()? or anything like that? :D

11. Offline

nverdier

@mkezar
    1) Create a new ItemStack
    Code:
    new ItemStack(Material.SKULL_ITEM, 1, (byte) 3);
    2) Get the SkullMeta
    Code:
    (SkullMeta) skullItemStack
    3) Set the owner
    Code:
    skullMeta.setOwner(String owner)