Solved How to stop chat hacking?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by samrg472, Feb 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

samrg472

How do you stop chat hacking?
    In the console it can show up as
    "
    <*NyanWorld [Owner] samrg 472> test
    01:56:18 [INFO] <*NyanWorld [Owner] samrg472> Welcome
    "
    the first line is through hacked client and was not me. It was some guy on some client and cant figure out the cause of that. The second one with the time was actually me. Any plugin to stop this?

2. Offline

pyraetos

Is your server in online mode?

3. Offline

samrg472

Yes the server is in online mode. The name of the guy must be premium in order to log in. But for some reason these little hack messages are possible. >_>

Really not even sure how this is possible to being with.. offline mode or online mode. But my server stays online mode.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2016
  4. Offline

Deleted user

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "Chat Hacking". What's wrong with your chat?
    It might just be a plugin's problem or something.

5. Offline

samrg472

No this isnt anything wrong with my chat. I use PEX chat manager. Have online mode.
    And its kinda hard to explain chat hacking but theres a hacking client that lets you stay stuff with anything and console wont log it with time or info and it will just say some thing like you could do
    "[Admin] player; im going to ban you all" exact name spoofing.
    on console it shows exactly like that but without the time or info logged which means its someone using a hacking client. But I have no idea how this is done or if a plugin is able to stop this.

6. Offline

Deleted user

Try NoCheat.

7. Offline

samrg472

He left now. But I have NoCheat installed now to. Hopefully it will be stopped :)

Deleted user likes this.
  8. Offline

Deleted user

Glad to hear that your problems solved. Please put a [SOLVED] at the beginning of your title so other people know that this problem has been solved.

9. Offline

darkmage0252

I know in 1.1 its possible to use hack clients to change the the color of your chat messages without plugins maybe its also possible to change everything in the message?

10. Offline

Nathan C

I had this happen before. All they were doing is using /me or putting lots of spaces before entering your name.

Not hacking, just appears like hacking.

11. Offline

samrg472

Then how would this excessive spacing be stopped?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.