Solved How to set world spawn.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by mrme123, May 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

mrme123

Hi, im currently using essentials spawn and multiverse core, on my server i have 1 spawn with just /spawn. But i want to make on some worlds that when u type /spawn it goes to the spawn OF that world when u type /spawn. Does any1 know how to do this? thanks. :)

2. Offline

bastion

3. Offline

mrme123

it didnt work :/

4. Offline

WhitePhoenix0

/setspawn ?

5. Offline

mrme123

set spawn sets the main spawn, read the question properly.

bump

any1?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016
  6. Offline

angeplay

"/mv setspawn" then "/mvs" to go to the spawn
    (You can alias /mvs to /worldspawn or something like that)

7. Offline

mrme123

but i need it to work with /spawn im currently using essentials spawn and multiverse core. Any ideas? :/

bump

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

8. Offline

Necrodoom

bukkit.yml alias to make /spawn run /mvspawn.

9. Offline

mrme123

how do i do that?

necrodoom?

:( his offline

bump

10. Offline

Zarius

11. Offline

Polishgaming

What do you need?: A spawn in world 1 so when your in world 2 you go to world 1 spawn OR a spawn in both world 1 and world 2 so when you do /spawn in world 2, you go to the world 2 spawn. Please clear your question. ~Polish

12. Offline

mrme123

your right sorry ill explain it right, OK simple i want spawns for some worlds meaning. If you are in the world creative, when u type /spawn u go to the creative world spawn. But if you are survival and u type /spawn it goes to the main spawn. Or any other world i set. I just want to set spawns for some worlds, did i make more sense?

omg when im about to get an answer the person leaves!

13. Offline

Zarius

mrme123 - he may not have had an answer anyway (I expect he was just trying to help clarify the problem).

I think the /spawn aliased to /mvs is probably your best bet - check the link I sent in my last post.

14. Offline

mrme123

but ive seen so many servers with this..

15. Offline

PolarSlayer

Install essentials and all other essentials stuff. Go to the place where you want your spawn to be and do /setspawn

16. Offline

mrme123

polarslayer read my topic again.. For 3 days i have been trying to work out how to give 1 world a seperate spawn and how to prevent teleporting to players out of it but allowing it in the world.
    apprently commandbook does this but i need essentials! I want the plugin but im sure it conflicts with essentials.. and i need essentials.

17. Offline

Necrodoom

i dont think commandbook has this.
    set up your per world spawns with worldedit, then alias /mvspawn to /spawn using http://wiki.bukkit.org/Bukkit.yml#aliases

18. Offline

Polishgaming

mrme123 Give me some time to solve this problem. I have 3 servers with this problem too. give me 1-3 days. Thanks

Sorry about this. It was 2:30 in the morning and I had to sleep. Sorry for being offline in a time when you really needed.

19. Offline

mrme123

This server has done it: play.craftycreeper.com and the owner told me that he used commandbook. But i cant get it.. it conflicts with essentials so i guess im done -_- the reason why ive been trying to do this is because, players have been glitching there inventories from creative to survival.. and the way to block it is to prevent all forms of teleporting out of it. I recently blocked tping and everything but players cant teleport to players in creative and they cant do /spawn the only way they leave is /warp creative and they use the portal.

20. Offline

Polishgaming

mrme123 Like I said, Give me 1-3 days to solve the problem. Once I have solved the problem I'll let you know. ~Polish

21. Offline

mrme123

kk thanks polish let me know if u do! :)

22. Offline

Polishgaming

Ok will-do. ~Polish

I found a "loophole" while working with multiworld. Its closest route you can go about this [WITHOUT using plugins besides Multiworld] BUT when you do /spawn you are moved back to your main spawn.

[1] Go into the world (ex: you want to move world 2 spawn)
    [2] Find the place where you want your new spawn (for world 2)
    [3] type /setspawn to set the spawn
    [4] Go back to your main spawn (where they first spawn)
    [5] Retype /setspawn
    [6] /spawn will take you to main spawn

When you do /mw move [playername] [world (2)] you will be teleported to that spawn you set in world 2. If this doesn't solve the problem/completely answer your question then I'll mess around w/ it some more. Best of Luck! ~Polish

I will be on later to diagnose the problem some more if you have any further questions. ~Polish

23. Offline

juzz318

What i did to get this working is

1. I removed Essentials Spawn (You dont have to but you wont use it anyway)
    2. In each world you will need to set where you want the spawn to be using /mv setspawn
    3. In your MultiVerse world config you will need to set your spawn world on death to be the same as the world they are in eg. If your world is called PVP then your world on death should be set to PVP also. So when you die you spawn back into the same world you died in.
    4. In your Multiverse world config change "bedrespawn" to false for all worlds (If they use a bed in another world they will spawn there if this is set to true)
    5. Go into your bukkit.yml and add this, It can go anywhere just ensure the format is correct as below.

aliases:
    spawn: mvspawn

This means when you type /spawn it will spawn you back to that worlds spawn you set in step 2.
    This should solve everything for you, Let me know if you need any more help.

tspierer2 likes this.
  24. Offline

mrme123

like u said polish if u type /setspawn then go back to main spawn and do /setspawn it will take u back to that spawn so thats not fixing the problem :/

25. Offline

juzz318

Your problem here is that there is only 1 /spawn with Essentials you cannot have 2, thi is why in the steps i provided above i deleted essentials spawn.

26. Offline

mrme123

This looks like it would work! :D thanks alot juzz and necrodoom, i didnt completely understand the bukkit alias thing but thanks for explaining step by step on how to do it juzz :) ill give this a shot tommorow considering its late here.

27. Offline

mrme123

juzz318 please add me on skype asap so i can talk easier, my skype is: X8ReaperZ - Peter
    Thanks. :) If you dont have skype, what i wanted to ask was. When u said set the death point for the spawn point of the world, there is no option to do this in the config file, is it a command? And is it possible to set a spawn for some of the worlds but the rest takes you to the first spawnpoint (the main)

28. Offline

mrme123

liverpool i need to use a plugin that will be up to date :/

29. mrme123 Ok, post it here if you get it work ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.