How to remove all dropped items?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by IceBeast, Aug 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

IceBeast

Hi
    I have "small" problem with my bukkit server. I spawned over 70000 torches by accident using WorldEdit... And server crashed. And it's still glitched... When I try to login I get the connection error. When I copied the map to singleplayer MineCraft just crashes.

I have read that solution but I can't do it - I can't login into map.

Is it possible to fix it?

2. Offline

Retricide

@IceBeast
    Download "MCEdit," open your map in MCEdit, then remove the dropped torches.
    There are a lot of guides of how to do this with MCEdit. I've never had to do it, but I'd imagine a simple google search would suffice.
    If you can't get it, I'll try to help you step-by-step when I get home later, but it should be relatively simple and doable without further help.

Cheers

Noppoly likes this.
  3. Offline

Noppoly

With MCEdit, select the area where the torches were spawned (or do Ctrl + A to select the entire map, if you want) then on the left-hand side of the screen, choose "Delete Entities" and press OK, voila, all entities within the selected area have been removed from the map!

Edit: If you want to see exactly where the entities are, when you're in MCEdit, hold the Ctrl key and click on "Graphics" then check the box for Show Entities. This will make the dropped items show up as red boxes. And I just tested this, you won't need to worry about it removing "tile entities" such as chests, furnaces, and signs, it only removes mobs and dropped items I believe.

4. Offline

aaronfranke

"Delete Entities" is not removing the green item boxes. Help!

EDIT: It was a graphical bug...

5. Offline

computerman_

clearlagg try that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.