How to prevent entering region (WorldGuard or other solution)?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by UltraMC, Aug 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

UltraMC

Dear BUKKIT community,

it's a solution that I was looking for multiple times but never got through it:
    how to prevent players entering region (they can still leave it or reach it with teleportation commands)?

I have WorldGuard but am completly out of clues how to do it. Or is there any simple and light plugin that can handle this as well?

Sincerely,
    UltraMC :cool:

SOLUTION: WorldGuard config "use-player-move-event" to true and restart a server

None of posts here was helpful at all, thanks to #bukkit IRC chanell for solution.

To make it clear:
    I have WorldGuard and WorldEdit the same version 5.3

I have region named "region" (/rg define region)

I have 2 PermissionsEX groups: "Default" and "Admin". "Admin" inheritance "Default".

I dont know how to:
    - allow entry to "region" for permission group "Default"
    - allow entry to "region" for permission group "Admin" (well, IMO it will inheritance)
    - deny exit from "region" for permission group "Default"
    - allow exit from "region" for permission group "Default" (well, IMO it will inheritance)

2. Offline

MadBluey

Have you tried WG's flags ?

For example - /rg flag "thatawesomearea" entry deny

3. Offline

Lolmewn

Yep. WorldGuard. Just protect the surroundings, and don't protect the inside (of make a region-in-region, with the inner-region walk:true)

4. Offline

UltraMC

And have YOU tried this? It fails.

5. Offline

Lolmewn

There is a command for it though, a flag.
    Look it up on their wiki perhaps?

6. Offline

UltraMC

What command, flag?

7. Offline

0xElliot

8. Offline

UltraMC

Mr. Smart as I said in first post it fails. Ive tryied it again:
    1. created region X
    2. /rg flag X entry deny
    3. /rg addowner X UltraMC
    4. /rg addmember regionname g:OWNERS

9. Offline

Pr4w

You must be doing something wrong, working fine on my server. ;)

10. Offline

UltraMC

Sorry but what? Ive typed here commands Ive executed - which one is wrong?

11. Offline

Pr4w

"something". Which version of WorldGuard are you using ? Could there be any conflicting plugins ?

12. Offline

0xElliot

Attitude like that isn't going to get you help. I strongly suggest toning down your sarcasm.

MaliciousMan and Pr4w like this.
  13. Offline

UltraMC

Lol thnx for that helpful post. So what my WG version gave you?

14. Offline

0xElliot

Anyone else considering just stopping and moving on to people more grateful for our knowledge and willingness to help? I am.

First, your WorldGuard is now out of date. I doubt a 0.0.1 version will make a difference, but grab the updated all the same.

Second, ensure you're not inheriting the group 'owners' with the group you're testing with. If you're allowing 'owners' in, and you're in the group (or in a group inheriting that group, or opped, or holding the permission node worldguard.region.bypass), of course it's not going to deny you.

MaliciousMan and Pr4w like this.
  15. Offline

UltraMC

Where I can get more details about WG groups? They lack of offical docs about it. Also 0.0.1 does make no difference, coz as Ive said it did not work 3 times in the past (and I mean like year ago).

Have you ever did something like this? Have you got a region config that I could look at?

16. Offline

0xElliot

Update anyway.

I'm curious, how are you testing that allow/deny works?

17. Offline

UltraMC

I have another account, its a regular player. I am trying to enter denyied area. And I can. So its not denyied.

To make it clear:

I have WorldGuard and WorldEdit the same version 5.3

I have region named "region" (/rg define region)

I have 2 PermissionsEX groups: "Default" and "Admin". "Admin" inheritance "Default".

I dont know how to:
    - allow entry to "region" for permission group "Default"
    - allow entry to "region" for permission group "Admin" (well, IMO it will inheritance)
    - deny exit from "region" for permission group "Default"
    - allow exit from "region" for permission group "Default" (well, IMO it will inheritance)

Update: #bukkit Esper.net
    but it still not helps

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  18. Are you sure that you didn't forget to expand the area vertically, you want to deny?^^

19. Offline

UltraMC

ok WorldGuard config "use-player-move-event" to true and restart a server. None of your pro tips helped. Thanks to #bukkit IRC chanell.

20. Wow, you really are a retard aren't you? You probably are a 13 year old little kid. Try to be friendly to people, who are willing to help you next time, instead of being a sarcastic d*ck.

21. Offline

Lolmewn

I'm out of this thread. Only meanies :'(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.