Question How to get mods AND plugins on a minecraft server

Discussion in 'General Help' started by FrostLion, Jul 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

FrostLion

Hey,

Recently I've been trying to make a pixelmon server, but I don't know how to add mods to my bukkit server. I've been looking all over youtube and google for answers, but I came up empty handed, so I've decided to turn here and ask for help. If anyone knows how to add mods to a bukkit server, please let me know.

Thanks.

2. Offline

HeartandSoul

This used to be possible with Cauldron, but was taken down. However, a Developer with advanced knowledge of the Forge API could make mods that have similar features to bukkit (registering commands, events, etc..)

3. @HeartandSoul
    MinecraftForge actually has a very similar event and command system to bukkit which actually makes it rather easy to make such mods.. you just have to get someone to make them :p

4. Offline

HeartandSoul

@AlvinB yeah, that's what I just said xD

5. @HeartandSoul
    Oh, with the wording and mentioning "advanced knowledge" I was under the impression that you were meaning that some developer should implement the whole event command system into Forge. Also, if anyone needs such mods made, I'd be happy to code one or two (If they aren't too complex, of course).

6. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Locked.
    Modded servers are not supported by Bukkit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.