How to forbid Op/Deop-Command with Permissions

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by homerbond005, May 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi at all.
    Yes, I need help with Permissions. Does anyone know the command for the world.yml file how to forbid a player using the Op/Deop-Command?

2. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

Don't op the player to begin with?

3. No. He payed for the server so I can't deop him.

4. Offline

OrtwinS

Ah, this is exactly the reason why the OP system is so... handicappeded.

The OP system works parallel to any permission system, as far as I know it is NOT POSSIBLE to forbid OPs anything that OPs simply have.

To give specific users (donators) specific permissions you should use a permission system like Groupmanager, it allows you to assign them a sub-group with the extra permissions you want them to have. Or give a specific user specific permissions, or define entire set groups with specific permissions...

The Permissions plugin does not support sub-groups, Groupmanager does.

Also, migrating from permissions to GM is as easy as replacing the .jars, GM comes with a fake-permissions .jar that intercepts any plugin asking for permissions and redirects it to GM, the config files are also compatible, simply copy-paste
    If you have questions how to set such a thing up PM me.

5. Offline

SpaceManiac

IIRC a plugin can override the 'op' and 'deop' commands - while ops are still ops, the console or existing ops can't change that.

6. I think there is something like general.op/general.deop

7. Offline

Phaedrus

there is a plugin that adds permission nodes for default commands. I can't recall exactly what it was called but it was something like default command permissions...

There we go:

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ad...ds-compatible-with-permissions-592-734.11238/

it would be nice if the permissions plugin had the options to do this itself.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
  8. Cool! That is that what I was searching for. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.