How to Convert Single Player Map to Multiplayer?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Tarae, Jul 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Tarae

According to the guides it is a simple process of locating my single player map, renaming the folder containing the world to "World" and then drop it into the Bukkit Server folder. Then change Server.properties to load "World" and start the server.

Unfortunately it regenerates the map each time. I have a huge building I wish to retain. The idea is that I now have someone to help me with the building so I must have it in multiplayer.

I currently run a small multiplayer server so I am 100% positive that I have not down something dumb and that I know how to get the bukkit server up and running. I took my multiplayer server down before I tried this (lol).

Eventually I will warp to this huge building but that's a different story.

2. Offline

ImminentFate

Copy the world directory into your server folder. For example, lets say its called "Tarae_World"
    open server.properties and locate the "level-name" tag. Type in "Tarae_World" after it, making sure there IS NO SPACE AFTER THE "=".
    The server.properties should look similar to this (don't worry if its not exact)
    PHP:
    #Minecraft server properties
    #Sun Jul 22 20:36:34 AEST 2012
    allow-nether=true
    level
    -name=Tarae_World
    enable
    -query=false
    allow
    -flight=false
    server
    -port=25565
    level
    -type=DEFAULT
    enable-rcon=false
    level
    -seed=
    server-ip=
    max-build-height=256
    spawn
    -npcs=true
    white
    -list=false
    spawn
    -animals=true
    -mode=true
    pvp
    =true
    difficulty
    =2
    gamemode
    =0
    max
    -players=20
    spawn
    -monsters=true
    view
    -distance=10
    generate
    -structures=true
    motd
    =A Minecraft Server

3. Offline

DJbarnesy

4. Offline

Tarae

Lol. Not expecting an answer so soon....

Okay I am desperate so I will copy your server properties exactly as is. I had actually already changed the level name but will give your file a try. Thanks heaps!

5. Offline

ImminentFate

no worries, tell me if it works

6. Offline

Tarae

Nah didn't work. It just respawned everything.

21:15:12 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 0 (Seed: 10528182)
    21:15:13 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 1 (Seed: 3901723015288248300)
    21:15:13 [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 8%
    21:15:15 [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 16%
    21:15:16 [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 32%
    21:15:17 [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 48%
    21:15:18 [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 69%

etc. Oh well. Not really sure what I am doing wrong.

One more thing - I am running NO plugins.

7. Offline

ImminentFate

need help over teamviewer? best way for me to assist, as I can remotely see whats going on.

8. Offline

DJbarnesy

Hey dude, If you want your single player map on your multiplayer server head to your .mincraft folder. Go to your search bar type in %Appdata% Then go to .minecraft/saves folder. There copy your world you would like to run into your server folder. Then in your server.properties change the level-name=Tarae_world. Save than should be sweet. Let us know what happens.

9. Offline

Tarae

Got it working. Not exactly sure what I did but I think it was this:

I allowed Bukkit to regenerate the maps again, including The End. This time I left The End there and replaced the regen world with the original world. Then restarted the server and relogged in.

My idea was to trick it into thinking it had already spawned all the maps. Seemed to have worked. Thanks heaps for your help!!!

10. Offline

ImminentFate

haha glad you worked it out :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.