Solved How to completly remove /op command from server

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by dragonrykr, Nov 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

dragonrykr

My Admins and CoOwners are oping themselves wich is against the rules so as said in title i want to know how to completly remove command /op from my server. Help!

2. Offline

lokpique

List your plugins... sounds like you have something allowing them to do this... they shouldn't be able to.

3. Offline

Jozeth

Get NoCheatPlus it removes /op by default in-game. But you can still op people from a console.

4. Offline

lokpique

A better place for him to start would a permission addon, if that's the case. (Honestly, im kind of shocked if a stock install of bukkit allows every user to op themselves! Never knew!)

EDIT : Nevermind... a stock install DOES NOT allow every user to op themselves.
    So again... to the OP... please list your plugins... you have set it up to allow them to do this. It's not a matter of blocking it, it's a matter of finding out why they are allowed to do this now in the first place.

5. Offline

Jozeth

To op your self you must be opped or have permission from another plugin which uses a command which ops players.

6. Offline

lokpique

Exactly... so going back to my original question to him... we need a list of his plugins... instead of telling him to install yet another one. It sounds like he's got NoCheatsPlusPlus... I know it lets people do this... because it's a hack...

7. Offline

dragonrykr

I didnt had nocheatplus but i installed it now and it worked! Thanks, Jozeth!

Jozeth likes this.
  8. Offline

Lolmewn

Just give everyone the negative permission node?

9. Offline

dragonrykr

Also i want to know is there any plugin that protects every block automaticaly that player places.

10. Offline

lokpique

No need... they shouldn't have it permission for the command unless it was given to them. He just has to remove whatever is allowing it... not find a way to deny it.

LIST... YOUR... PLUGINS... the fact every user could /op themselves means you might have a bigger problem right now than you even realize...

They shouldn't have been able to do this in the first place... you have something setup to allow them to do this... so now you have added ANOTHER addon to correct it, when you should really be trying to figure out how they could even DO it.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016
  11. Offline

Jozeth

He's sorted that out, he just wants to know if there's a plugin what protects your stuff, and surely if they were opped they could override the protection.

12. Offline

Lolmewn

Well, I thought, since they're CoOwners and Admins, they probably have the * permission. Which allows them to use it.

Jozeth likes this.
  13. Offline

lokpique

It could also be a bad plugin... instead of assuming, it's probably safer to ask the guy for a list.

14. Offline

dragonrykr

Guys this doesnt do anything with coowners and admins just to now this for my players

15. Offline

Necrodoom

16. Offline

lokpique

Surely if they had permission to op themselves then he's got a problem he's not aware of.
    Either he needs a lesson in permissions, or needs to remove a hacked addon.

He still won't list his plugins... so he can deal with it on his own.

17. Offline

dragonrykr

i dont want /op i just want the plugin that protects player placed blocks!!!

18. Offline

lokpique

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/you-need-help-we-need-this-information-to-help-you.2018/

You already put a bandaid on a bigger problem instead of fixing it... all because you wont answer the first question that was asked of you.

I'll tell you how to protect player blocks... and I will give you as much detail in my answer as you are willing to give us... use a plugin. A plugin will do that. Want more info? Give us some basic info about your setup.

19. Offline

dragonrykr

why would i tell you about mine setup

20. Offline

dragonrykr

Also i want to know is there any plugin that protects every block automaticaly that player places.

21. Offline

Necrodoom

so your question can be answered...

you basically go to a car fixing shop and say "i dont want to bring my car here, but can you fix my car?"

22. Offline

lokpique

Why tell us? Because you have already PROVEN you have a problem with an addon / configuration that you are unaware of... and we are trying to help, like you asked us to.

Your "solution" for the op problem, is not a solution. You first ALLOWED the /op command to be used, and then added a whole addon just to remove it again... a config change would have done the same thing and used less server resources.

Obviously if you don't know why they had the /op command in the first place, then you also probably dont fully understand all of the features of the addon you just added to remove it again either.

Think of it this way... if you get bit by a snake you get poisoned... and can use anti-venom to cure yourself.
    You are choosing to let the snake keep poisoning you and relying on the anti-venom to keep curing you.
    I'm trying to help you prevent the snake from biting you in the first place...

23. Offline

dragonrykr

you dont understand i dont want help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.