Question How to change colour of /msg.....

Discussion in 'General Help' started by whatsYaki, Jun 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

whatsYaki

So i have my minecraft server and ive come across a problem, this is not a big problem but its really bugging me. So as you can see here ( http://prntscr.com/7i0aro ), the default colour of tpa requests and msg requests and other things in the essentials is &6 which is orange'ish and &c which is light red, now i was wondering if i could change these colours as i came across a server with the colours changed. If you can change them please tell me how and if you cannot change them by default but there is a plugin which allows you to change those colours please inform me as soon as possible because i really want to get this done.

2. Offline

oceantheskatr

EDIT: Follow @Ruptur's method instead :p

Technically &6 is gold and &c is red ;)

Take a look at this video, it shows you how to get and modify Essentials locale which is just what you're looking for. I'm not completely sure if it'll work on 1.8 though if that's what you're using :/

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  3. Offline

Ruptur

@whatsYaki
    Essentials comes with a languages file that is inside the jar.

To edit essential messages.
    1. Open the jar file WinRar or 7Zip.
    2. There you will find alot of files, the one(s) you are look for is/are the one(s) beginning with 'messages' then underscore the language in your config.

3. Drap it to your desktop (or any other avaliable space) then open it with a text editor (preferably Notepad++)

4. Then you can edit to your hearts content

5. In the file all '/u00A7' is the 'ยง' (the '&' used for color). So if you see something like '\u00A7c' it means '&c'

6. If you want to change the color scheme > find + replace all ('\u00A7c' with '\u00A7 + your color')
    7. Save and drag the file back into winrar or 7zip

8. Reload the server and enjoy!

Be sure to like if i helped! :)

oceantheskatr likes this.
  4. Offline

whatsYaki

Thank you guys so much, @Ruptur and @oceantheskatr you guys have helped me acomplish what ive been wanting to do for sooo long now and for that i thank you for taking the time to help me out. If theres anything you guys are stuck on plugin wise just ask me and if i know i will help you to the best of my abilities as you guys have helped me out so much right now. Thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.