How to cancel the loading of a plugin?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by DjDCH, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

DjDCH

I'm facing this issue since I notice error can occur in the loading process and I want, when this occurred, stop the loading process of the plugin. I don't know if this already possible with bukkit, but it would be nice to have the possibility to do it. So, how to cancel the loading of a plugin?

2. Offline

MysticX

I'm not sure if you can cancel the loading, but you can try to disable it again via the Pluginmanager.

Code:
    plugin.getServer().getPluginManager().disablePlugin(arg0)

3. Offline

DjDCH

Forgot to say that I have already try this. When you are in the loading process, this mutator have no effect.

Bump

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2016
  4. Offline

DjDCH

I just took a look to the CraftBukkit code to see how a plugin is enable. Since the way the onEnable method is called, there no possibilities to do what I need to do.

So, I request the implementation of a way to cancel a plugin from the onEnable method (like a specific exception to throw, a setCancelled mutator or a true/false boolean to return).

5. Offline

matjam

6. Offline

DjDCH

7. Offline

Tahg

Let me clarify here. You want to disable your own plugin, if for some reason it fails to properly initialize? This seems like a logical thing to do and we can look into it. We will NOT however provide a mechanism to prevent the loading of other plugins if it is that that you want to do.

8. Offline

DjDCH

This. Like I said, I need a way, from inside the onEnable method, to cancel a plugin from finishing its loading. I was thinking about a specific exception to throw, and I'm pretty convince that is the best way to do it.

9. Offline

Tahg

Thanks for the clarification. I will bring this up with the team, but it sounds reasonable to me.

10. Offline

Afforess

Look at how MMA or MMS disables itself if MMC is not installed.

11. Offline

DjDCH

*Facepalm* While I was took a look to the CraftBukkit code, I had seen this method (setEnabled) but I don't realized that is what I've searching for. I will try it soon.

Thanks Afforess ! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.