Question How much RAM i need?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Dymetv, Mar 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Dymetv

Hi,

i am making kitpvp server with my friends. We will have like maximum 30 players and ~10 plugins, so how much RAM i need to buy to get clean and smooth server?

Thank you!

2. 1,5 / 2GB would be ok i think to be honest

3. Offline

Dymetv

Okey so 2GB should be ok?

4. yes it should be,im not 100% sure since im in use of a 32GB SSD and always give every server a bit more to make sure everything is ok,and also it depends on WHAT plugin you use

5. Offline

Dymetv

Okey but thanks for help! <3

6. Offline

mine-care

Err, that is a Solid-State-Drive not RAM then :/
    For ~30 players i would recomend 2GB ram minimum but that heavily depends on the plugins, ammount of worlds etc. Remember, if all players are on different chunks, that is another case! Chunks are stored in RAM for as long as they are in use so the places where each player is also plays a role!

7. i have 32GB SSD Dedicated but i dont think(hope) people still buy HDD.

8. Offline

mine-care

@PeterXonwiiXx Well they do :p I got two 2.5TB HDDs, and the reason is that i couldn't really afford 5 x 1TB SSDs simply because they cost a fortune. I got an 120 gb ssd for the os and commonly used stuff :/
    And my objection was that the OP is looking for RAM not for local storage :p

9. yeah but my server is bought on a host,since we also have a Teamspeak and website,we cant host ourself

10. Offline

mine-care

@PeterXonwiiXx Ok? I don't really see how that responds to my message above :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.