How much people can my server hold without lag?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by ShadowWizardMC, Aug 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ShadowWizardMC

Ok so i created a bukkit server and i want to know how many people it can hold. I am running these plugins http://battleplugins.com/pluginlist.php almost all of them with Essentials and Worldedit. I also allocated 10GB of Memory to the server i am thinking about doing 15 but i need help with this 1st. When i run the server i get internet lagg like alot it would take me about 3 minutes to reload a youtube page and that sucks. I know im not suppost to be using a laptop but i am since my desktop is under repairs at the moment. So after saying all that how much players can my server hold and Anyway to make my internet lagg less.

My Specs are :
    Rating 4.6
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU B940 2.00GHz
    Installed Memory: 4.00GB
    System Type: 64-bit operating System, x64 based processor

2. Offline

jordanzilla02

Internet Speed Test?

3. Offline

LHammonds

Let me get this straight, you are running a server on your computer (not dedicated) and it is on your home Internet connection? Players probably won't get a great connection and certainly won't be able to host many at the same time. The reason being that most residential Internet connections have a very poor upload speed. Upload speed is important for a server because that is the speed at which your server communicates back to external players.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.