How much do you pay for advertising?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by sillyrosster, Jul 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

sillyrosster

I'm curious to know how much you all pay for advertising and how you've benefited off of it. I have never payed for any type of advertising, but my server seems to do better than the ones that do pay for advertising.

I guess I did something right during my year and a half of server running, but I'm always confused how servers that pay hundreds of dollars aren't more popular than mine.

I have about the same users on as these premium servers here, and here. Why would you pay for advertising? I'm just curious because I've considered it, but I can't find any perks.

2. Offline

TheBeast808

I've paid $5 for advertising on spout, just because I heard the players on that server list were mature. I never really kept track of how many players I got, but it doesn't matter much. Most of my traffic comes from PMC or MCF, so I've never felt the urge to pay hundreds of dollars for 'premium' positions of server lists like some servers.

3. Offline

TnT

$0

Most sites are just "pay the most for the top spot on our list".

Other server list sites like serverchunk.com have a much better formula for listing servers, but struggle to get traction with the players.

4. Offline

sillyrosster

Where are your servers based? I rarely see 52 people on this late. Most US users are asleep :p

TnT Haha, I've been on ServerChunk since there was only 5 servers listed ;)

5. Offline

TheBeast808

My Creative server is based out of Kansas, but I think the server banner is wrong. That server list site's calculations are about as accurate as shooting a bow while on a spinning chair while blind folded. However, their banner is the only one I know of that doesn't look like a 3 year old made it in 5 minutes.

6. Offline

sillyrosster

You're right, it still says 52 :p Minestatus banners needs an update, because they are the most accurate imo.

Edit: Minestatus says you have 52 on.. lawl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.