How many players uses spout?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Wituz, Aug 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm thinking about developing a very big plugin that requires SpoutCraft as client. I was just thinking about how many people you think actually uses spout, and how many there are willing to use it because of a nice plugin?

EDIT:
    Can you force a texturepack on the player? If so, I only need to live without sound effects and background music, but it's okay.

2. Offline

_LB

Players can accept resource packs which include sounds, and you can include custom sounds and have the client play them by name. If the player does not accept the resource pack it's their loss, but if they do they will never be asked again and you can keep sending new resource packs.

Wituz likes this.
  3. Offline

Syd

Wituz
    Spout is still around? I havn't seen an updated plugin to require Spout in a while now.
    I would guess most servers, who require the features offered by Spout will use unofficial 3rd party builds that allow them to use mods + plugins.
    On the client side it doesn't matter if you have to install 1 mod or 100 mods - the hurdle is the same.

So I would assume the adaption of Spout is a very small.

As _LB already mentioned: you can include more than textures in a resource pack.
    Textures, Sounds, Languages Files and even shaders.
    In 1.8. you can also change the 3D models of everything.

And I believc there was some sort of way to "force" a Resource Pack to a client in a way "accept or get kicked", but I'm not sure about it.

Wituz likes this.
  4. Offline

Necrodoom

Syd spout has been dead for a while.

Wituz likes this.
  5. Thanks for the information :) I'll have a look at how resource packs works

Change the models, that's amazing :D

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.