How many Player Slots with Ram

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Philitup321, Nov 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Philitup321

Hello. I have a bukkit server, and I want to get it hosted. I was wondering. About how many players slots could there be on a server with : 250mb, 500mb, and 1gb of Ram.

2. Offline

netherfoam

300MB for bukkit (So you want upwards of 500mb or you'll get reaall cushy) plus 50-100mb per player, as a rule of thumb.

Depends how close your players are to each other though, and on your plugins, and how many worlds you have loaded/running...

3. Offline

JohnTheRipper

I assume this is a VPS? Keep in mind that you will have a very hard time running Minecraft if it's a OpenVZ VPS.

If it's a Xen or KVM VPS, then budget at least 50MB for the OS. If you want to run MySQL, you'll need to set aside more RAM for that.

4. Offline

Philitup321

5. Offline

MikeA

To be quite honest, with the Sheep (1GB plan) you'll probably be able to hold 10-15 realistically with Craftbukkit 1.4.2 and 10~ plugins. Then when it starts lagging you'll either upgrade, or complain to the host why it's lagging when it's not even their fault ;)

zipfe likes this.
  6. Offline

Nickbbeezy

It all depends, how well you optimize, the plugins you're using, etc. You have to take everything into account and then measure how much memory you think each player would require while connected.

7. Offline

LaxWasHere

8. Offline

Philitup321

Ok, then any server hosting suggestions? I would really like to stay under $10

9. Offline

HyrulesLegend

ExodusHosting

10. Offline

Philitup321

Ok thx. I will look at that.

11. Offline

CyberHusky

ExodusHosting is not a good Minecraft server, host, they have lots of downtime, and horrible support. My node was down(According to THEIR website) for 3 days, I sent a support ticket the second, they got back to me the day after it was back online and they said: "I do not see a problem with your node, it might be your internet connection". Put closer to $15 into it a month if you want a good host, I would suggest MPServ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.