How many of you have actually used the 1.7 chat features in your plugins?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Ronbo, Dec 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Ronbo

I know that a lot more has become possible with all the JSON chat stuff, but have any of you guys actually used it extensively in a plugin, or is it still kind of a "that's cool but I won't use it" thing?

2. Offline

chasechocolate

Mostly just the server list stuff (like the icon, 2-line MOTD, and hover text), but I plan to make something cool with the JSON chat things.

3. Offline

Aqgorn

chasechocolate Can things like in game text, other than in chat box be achieved or is still still only available by other ways like client modding?

4. Offline

willeb96

If anyone knows knows how to use these new 1.7 chat features, please hit me up =)

5. Offline

chasechocolate

Aqgorn not that I know of besides the chat box, scoreboard, boss health bar, and the text above your hotbar when you hold an item.

6. Offline

Brixishuge

Never heard of it before :D Any jdocs please? :D

7. Offline

Aqgorn

chasechocolate Trying to find better ways to do announcements than chat box, the more customization available the better in my opinion, like if creating new/manipulating achievements to do announcements etc would be nice.

8. Offline

TheLexoPlexx

Who knows this Little GUI when Hovering with the mouse over an Achieviment ??

Please PM me if you do.

9. Offline

chasechocolate

10. Offline

Aqgorn

chasechocolate Making a little something using that, helps lots! Just hope that minecraft will use a similar system to Call of Duty 4 where customised classes etc were automatically downloaded to the client :p

11. Offline

hellboyPS

Actually I was trying to use some of these things for our custom chat plugin. But I didn't yet figure out how to send the player the json objects. player.sendRawMessage() doesn't seem to work as expected. Any advice how to actually make use of it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.