How good is use WorldEdit region system instead of my own?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Zidkon, Sep 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Zidkon

I know WorldGuard have a region system itself, so by example if I'm going to make a plugin that need the regions, will it be better if I try do my own region system? or anyone knows internally if the region system used by WorldGuard is better than anything?

Create my own? or use WorldGuard? xD wich and why if anyone will be so kind ;)

2. Offline

afistofirony

Better to use WorldEdit (not WorldGuard). About 99.999999999999999% of servers have WorldEdit installed on them.

3. Offline

Zidkon

WorldEdit uses regions?

4. Offline

Supertt007

I would choose worldguard. It already has almost all the features and most of the servers use it. Why reinvent the wheel?

5. Offline

stoneminer02

afistofirony
    WorldGuard cannot be there without worldedit.....
    Zidkon
    Make your own if you want!
    No-One can say 'You cannot make your own!'.
    Any you can say 'I cannot make my own!'!
    Supertt007
    You have right :)

PS.: Sorry for bad english

6. Offline

afistofirony

You use WorldEdit for region selections, not WorldGuard. :p

I know... that's why I said use WorldEdit. WorldGuard relies on WorldEdit for region selection. WorldGuard actually does the protection.

7. Offline

brord

make your own, and make it so that if your plugin detects worldguard/worldedit, it uses that, else use yours.
    So servers dont NEED to have worldguard/worldedit

makskay likes this.
  8. Offline

Zidkon

Well I appreciate eveyones help.

What I wanted to know exactly is if I make my own it will be faster when getting the regions and checking the players when going inside the regions if I use WorldEdit region system or I make my own (that probably I would base on lists and FOR's to check em, and check the players with PlayerMove event whenever some player moves I check all regions in the list, etc, something awfull for the plugin that probably can lag the server) thats the whole question :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.