How do I op myself?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Buffalo, May 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Buffalo

I hope someone reads this.
    You see, after many tries, I finally set up a Bukkit server.
    As soon as I joined it, I attempted to do /op WildBuffalo711, and this is what I got. 2014-05-31_19.07.39.png
    I went to the ops.txt file, put myself in there, and it dosen't work either, so as the other edits I put in.
    Can someone out there help me?
    Thanks ;) [UPDATE] This has been solved. The problem is that I named run.bat run.bat, and I was supposed to just type "run". If YOU out there need help, just read the conversation. :)

2. Offline

jon_r12

-_-' Go to your console and type in:
    op <your minecraft username>
    without a / and without the <,>.
    Also if you are using groupmanager go to your console and type in man promote <your mine craft username> owner
    again without the / and <,>. :)

3. Offline

CreativeGamer

Buffalo
    What permissions plugin are you using?
    Also - just go in console and type: op <player>
    If PEX: Try doing in console pex user <player> add *
    If GM: Try doing in console manuaddp <player> *

4. Offline

cnniillaa

... If this is your server go into your console and type ---> [Op name]
    Now go back into minecraft and you should be good ! :D

5. Offline

Buffalo

What/where is the Console? I will try to find it, but if I don't, I will see what you reply.

6. Offline

cnniillaa

Console is either the command prompt looking think if you home hosting it... Are you home hosting ?

7. Offline

Buffalo

Also, if it is the "run.bat" file you are talking about, when I click that, it beeps and closes automatically.

What is Home Hosting? Using your own Network?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2016
  8. Offline

cnniillaa

Home hosting a minecraft server is when you are running the server off a computer/server you own pro hosting is paying people to host the server for you... Are you running the server off of your computer?

Ok so you are home hosting :)! Now if the run.bat file closes like it does can i please see the text you have in that..

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

9. Offline

Buffalo

Hold on, taking a screenshot. Lucky I am a YouTuber :)

I have to go, but here's the screenshot of the run.bat's code.
    I'll post again tommrrow. View attachment 20048

10. Offline

Onlineids

W...T...F why so much code?? This is my bat file and it works fine and even restarts itself o.0:
    : start
    java -Xms2056M -Xmx2056M -jar craftbukkit.jar -o true
    goto start

cnniillaa likes this.
  11. Offline

cnniillaa

Thats what i was wondering xD

12. Offline

Onlineids

Btw whoever made that house in your signature.... Is a fuckn legend

cnniillaa likes this.
  13. Offline

cnniillaa

IKR !!! Its beautiful :)

Onlineids likes this.
  14. Offline

Buffalo

I tried that, and it dose the same thing (beeps and closes). If it helps, I am using a Dev. Build of CraftBukkit for 1.7.9.

15. Offline

Necrodoom

Paste edited run.bat then, this time make sure you arent adding anything else to the file.

Buffalo why so much code? Also if you are typing in a CMD file you do not put the / symbol before you type something.

16. Offline

Buffalo

I would like to say I kind of figured out how to get op by using The Bukkit GUI Project plugin.
    But now that is creating errors.

17. Offline

NHRoccodog

ive never seen this happen....

18. Offline

Buffalo

I also would like to say that The GUI keeps crashing, so back to square one.
    If it helps, I have a Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

19. Offline

Necrodoom

20. Offline

Gamecube762

It looks like you renamed the CraftBukkit.jar to startserver.bat, that is where one of your biggest mistakes was. Not seeing the console from running the server probably means you are double-clicking on the CraftBukkit.jar and its opening behind the scenes.

Simple way of the tutorial on the Wiki
    1. Create a New Folder (its going to be your server).
    2. Download Bukkit from dl.bukkit.org, rename it to CraftBukkit.jar and put it into that folder.
    3. Use the .bat below as your start.bat and put it in the same folder as your CraftBukkit.jar
    4. Double Click on the start.bat and everything should work.
    5. Join the server and in console type(without quotes) "op Gamecube762"(well its your server, you should use your username =P).
    Code:
    java -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar -o true
    PAUSE
    Link for if you'd rather download it.

21. Offline

LHammonds

I just made this tutorial on how to get a basic Craftbukkit server up-and-running which includes how to OP yourself.

LHammonds

22. Offline

Buffalo

Thanks, I'm getting close! ;) But now it says "java is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." After my computer details, it says "press any key to continue...". Can anyone solve this? I will try to surf the web while I am waiting for a reply.

23. Offline

Gamecube762

Install Java (link is here), choose 64 bit.

If its still not working replace "java" with "%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" (with quotes).

Tell me if it works or not.

24. Offline

Buffalo

You solved the Java problem, but now it says "Error: Unable to access jarfile craftbukkit.jar" and "Press any key to continue...". Hope you can solve this, too.

25. Offline

Necrodoom

Make sure the bukkit file is actually called 'craftbukkit.jar' and not something else.

26. Offline

Buffalo

I did.

Hello? any replies yet? :mad:(no, just kidding, more like :confused:.)

27. Offline

Necrodoom

Can you post a screenshot of your server folder?

28. Offline

Gamecube762

Buffalo Might be case-sensative, try making the name lowercased.

29. Offline

Buffalo

I have tried that too.

Here it is.
    View attachment 20088

30. Offline

Lolmewn

Buffalo Your file name is actually craftbukkit.jar.jar - Extensions are disabled lol.

JOPHESTUS likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.