How do I make my Dynmap HD and always on 'surface'

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Connahx3, Apr 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Connahx3

2. Offline

Killburner

In your template (normal-lowres/normal-hires/etc) change the title value for the perspective, i.e. "Flat" to "Top Down" or whatever you like.

To render nighttime tiles, set lighting to: brightnightandday (as an example). The lighting types are documented here.

The rendering commands are documented here.

3. Offline

Connahx3

Where is the template file? Can't seem to find it. Or is it in config?

4. Offline

ThePoopfish

In the configuration.txt.

Code:
    # All map templates are defined in the templates directory
    # The 'classic' FlatMap and KzedMap templates are used, which can be found in normal.txt, nether.txt, and skylands.txt
    #  To use these, do not set deftemplatesuffix (make sure deftemplatesuffix is commented, below)
    # To use the HDMap very-low-res map templates as world defaults (normal-vlowres, nether-vlowres and skylands-vlowres), set value to vlowres
    #  The definitions of these templates are in normal-vlowres.txt, nether-vlowres.txt, and skylands-vlowres.txt
    # To use the HDMap low-res map templates as world defaults (normal-lowres, nether-lowres and skylands-lowres), set value to lowres
    #  The definitions of these templates are in normal-lowres.txt, nether-lowres.txt, and skylands-lowres.txt
    # To use the HDMap hi-res map templates (these can take a VERY long time for initial fullrender), set value to hires
    #  The definitions of these templates are in normal-hires.txt, nether-hires.txt, and skylands-hires.txt
    deftemplatesuffix: hires
    Where is says deftemplatesuffix: hires at the bottom (yours would say vlowres) change it to hires like mine

after that go in game and use these commands

/dynmap pause all

then use

/dmap mapdelete worldname:mapname

inserting the proper names for the 'worldname' value and the 'mapname' value
    your mapname you want to delete is 'surface' and 'cave' (do each separately)

Just so you know the hires map takes up A LOT more space than the default. (more so with the surface maps)

5. Offline

Connahx3

How would I change Flat so that it's the same as Surface?
    The 3D view of the building and all.
    But thank you so much for the reply ^^

6. Offline

ThePoopfish

this is to change the name
    /dmap worldset worldname title:'nameofmap'

also my apologies I misread your original post, you want the flat world gone right?

/dmap mapdelete worldname:flat

for changing the map so it is night and day use this:

/dmap mapset worldname:mapname lighting:brightnightandday

7. Offline

Connahx3

I changed normal_hires to this

- class: org.dynmap.hdmap.HDMap
    name: Highdee
    title: "Highdee"
    prefix: t
    perspective: iso_SE_30_hires
    shader: stdtexture
    lighting: nightandday
    mapzoomin: 1

And nothing is happening, I've copied it back into my FTP and done /dynmap reloaded.

8. Offline

ThePoopfish

in Highdee use /dynmap fullrender

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.