How do I make my current server become 1.2?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by DaClowns, Mar 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

DaClowns

I have had a server up for about 2 months now, and 1.2 just came out.

How do I like keep everyone's items, houses, buildings, the spawn arena, plugins, etc, but make it 1.2? With like jungles and stuff?

2. Offline

FXHNTR

you can just update to the latest beta build, however, if you wish to keep the server from going essentially vanilla, then I suggest waiting til a recommended build is released for 1.2 so that plugins are updated.

3. Offline

blaize9

All you have to do is go to the forum pages of each plugin and download the latest one. Save them into a folder.
    Then download the latest 1.2.3 testing build (download) save it as craftbukkit.jar or whatever you named yours.
    After that just copy the craftbukkit.jar & the plugins into the plugins folder and replace them.

Also about the new world generation, your map should be converted and any new chunks that are generated will have the new biomes. (you can delete chunks with MCEdit that are not being used)

4. Offline

DaClowns

Wait so.. you mean all of my plugin config files wont be the same, i will have to re-do them??

5. Offline

Snipes01

From 1.1 to 1.2 many if not all plugins will have to be updated. So the latest dev builds break plugins. Waiting for RB might help because now you are having to constantly monitor your server and also most of the major plugins are not updated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.