Solved How do i fix hunger in 1.7?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by rbrick, Jan 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

rbrick

Has i am sure many of you know hunger is well OP to say the least. You cannot go 7 steps with out losing 1 nugget of hunger. I was wondering how would i go about fixing it? I have tried to make a plugin that does so, but that didn't work out so well. I also tried looking for a hunger fix on bukkit plugin page, to no avail. If there is already a plugin/post on the forums i am sorry for making a duplicate. Thank you and have a good day ~rbrick

2. rbrick
    I've never seen or heard of this effect. Is this something new in 1.7? I know your title says 1.7.2, but often people blame the version for their problems, and I'm not sure if this is one of those cases.

3. Offline

xMrPoi

Wait do you want to just remove hunger as a whole?

4. Offline

rbrick

xMrPoi nah i know how to do that. I'm talking about changing the delay the hunger goes down aka the saturation.
    Assist Saturation has been nerfed signifcantly in 1.7.

5. Offline

xMrPoi

You could make a repeating scheduler in the open able method that decreases the players saturation by a certain amount

6. Offline

Compressions

rbrick likes this.
  7. Offline

Garris0n

You could listen to the regeneration event (I can't remember what it is) and add the values back every time depending on the reason.

8. Offline

Compressions

Garris0n Yeah. It's just that doing it that way can be particularly faulty.

rbrick and Garris0n like this.
  9. Offline

rbrick

Ahh ok thank you guys :) i am going to tag this as solved!

10. Offline

morshu9001

So finally my suspicion that you run out of food more quickly in 1.7 has been verified. Not even challenging, just plain annoying. I hope I remember to download and install your plugin if you upload it to BukkitDev.

11. Offline

rbrick

haha. wasn't planning on releasing it but i will if people really want it!

12. Offline

morshu9001

rbrick Oh, well if you don't, I'm making one :)
    Seriously, I'm sick of stopping to eat every 30 seconds.

13. Offline

Cryices

I actually made a plugin for this, but it was rejected on bukkit so I never tried to repost it again xD

GrandmaJam, rbrick and Newby like this.
  14. Offline

Newby

Cryices
    You should definitely re upload it to bukkit or give the code out :)

15. Offline

rbrick

Cryices Try doing submitting it again man! It took me a couple tries to get my plugin uploaded. Just make sure it has a unique name/ and try adding some BBCode to spice it up a bit :)

16. Offline

97WaterPolo

Any chance you still got the code? and if you do can you share it :3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.