How do I disable the command /op In game?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by LocknReload, Sep 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

LocknReload

Hello,

I was wondering how I disable ANY opped players in my server using the command /op in-game. I only want to be able to OP people via the console as I don't want ops opping other people and then my server getting destroyed. If there is a way of doing this or a plugin that can do this please post it in the comments. That would be much appreciated! Thank you

2. Offline

Derugo

LocknReload If you're using a permissions plugin, negate the permission bukkit.command.op from that player or the group they're in. This should work but if it doesn't, I suggest getting WorldGuard if you don't already have it, as it allows you to block the /op command in-game via the config.

3. Offline

jeffro1001

There are several ways to accomplish this.

Create an alias in your commands.yml

aliases:
    OP:
    - version

This will make the server respond to an /op command with /version instead

You can install worldguard.
    There is a worldguard setting that will disable /op commands in game forcing you to only be able to use /op from the console.

4. Offline

Derugo

However, this would disable /op usage for everyone (including console) and the owner would have to manually op players. If you go ahead with this though, you'll want to create an alias for '/bukkit: op' also.

5. Offline

17xDillz1997

Or if you do the op alias, make a command of your choice to do /op. Maybe like /operator

6. Offline

LHammonds

I disable OP entirely and NOBODY uses it on any of my servers. I use permissions to control who can do what.

Derugo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.