Solved How come a player can mine even doe world guard is protected it

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by XjackX, Aug 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

XjackX

They can mine it anyway

PLEASE HELP it will really help me :(

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  2. Offline

LHammonds

Are you actually sure it is protected by worldguard? Are you sure your region is covering that area?

Did you add the flag "passthru" (sp?)

Did you grant all players *, OP or worldguard.* to bypass the protection?

WorldGuard "will" protect any blocks in its region but not if you let players bypass it.

Keep in mind that you do NOT (typically) want to add the "build: deny" flag because creating the region automatically prevents players from building/destroying in that area.

You might want to install WECui (via LiteLoader) to help you with your WE selections. ;)

LHammonds

3. Offline

XjackX

ok

i did not add passthru
    only two players OP but the rest 4 are not

And ok i will not add build deny

Can u send me the link for the wecui i downloaded liteinstaller but nothings happening

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

4. Offline

cometear

Would you like help checking it out on your server?

5. Offline

XjackX

YES :D

what
    what time

6. Offline

GamerAuthority

When you selected the region, did you type //expand vert? to expand the region from literally all the way to the highest point of the world to the void

7. Offline

cometear

You can put the IP, I'll come and lend a hand.

8. Offline

XjackX

yes and no
    No beacuse i making a prison and if i expand vet the mine player cant mine the mine
    Yes beacuse there are some points where i can do //expandvert that wont invole the mine

9. Offline

LHammonds

Ya know, Google is a beautiful thing.

WECui
    LiteLoader

You run the LiteLoader installer. It creates a LiteLoader profile in your MC launcher.
    Start Minecraft and pick that profile and load it up once (should create a mods folder on the 1st run)
    Then exit out of minecraft once you get to the main screen (where you see Singleplayer and Multiplayer buttons)
    Then copy the WECui .litemod file to this folder: %appdata%\.minecraft\mods\
    Now start Minecraft again and pick the litemod profile, connect to your server and when you make a selection, magic happens!

For example, if your region is called "spawn" then type /region select spawn and you will see the exact shape of your selection.

If you need to make it higher, type //expand 10 up and then /region redefine spawn

If you need to expand it 40 blocks in each direction, type the following:
    //expand 40 n
    //expand 40 e
    //expand 40 s
    //expand 40 w
    /region redefine spawn

LHammonds

10. Offline

XjackX

ok let me try now

ok got it

so i do region select (name)
    refrase that i dont have it i wont be a .litemod extension file its a winwar file

11. Offline

LHammonds

When you click the download link for WECui, it will download as a .litemod file. I just verified it.

If you have file extensions hidden and have at one point opened such a file with WinRAR and associated that filetype to WinRAR, then I can see how you might be confused. Put the file where I told you.

However, if your system is, for whatever reason, renaming the download to .rar, then rename it back to .litmod but make sure filename extensions are not hidden from you or you will be creating a "filename.litmod.rar" file.

LHammonds

12. Offline

XjackX

ok do i put the winwar download of the Wecui in my folder just like that it says it is a .litemod

so when i put the winwar(.litemod) in the mods folder then log on minecraft it says 0 mods

So can u still help me

13. Offline

LHammonds

I already told you the only 2 solutions I know about without actually seeing what you are seeing.

14. Offline

XjackX

ok let me explain more

So in game it says no mods installed
    then i folder it says assests libaries liteconfig logs mods resourecpacks etc.
    I go to mod in mod folder in has 1.7.2 then mod_worldeditcui_1.7.10_00_mc1.7.10 date modified date then time Type: Litemod File

i got finally
    thank u so stay here doe but how do use it to make world guard for people cant build or break blocks

bump

15. Offline

LHammonds

Is your server someplace where I can connect to it?

16. Offline

XjackX

yea its up
    right now

yea its up

can someone good with world guard come on my server

17. Offline

LHammonds

I just jumped onto your server, the spawn area and PvP arena are all protected. I could not break blocks anywhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.