How can I afford a decdicated server?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by wizard7611, Nov 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Garris0n

30 is excessive, but your logic is also wrong. There's something called price discrimination, and here's my best explanation.

Bob is very cheap and doesn't want to spend a lot of money. He goes to a store and sees three products, one for $100, one for $200, and one for $300. Bob is not willing to spend more than $100, so he buys the $100 product.

Joe enjoys a more lavish lifestyle, despite not being any richer than Bob. He just likes to spend money. He goes to the store and sees the products, and instantly buys the $300 one and leaves.

Bill knows what he's doing. He goes to the store and spends hours looking over the products before finally deciding that the $200 one is the best value. He buys it.

If there was only one product, Bob would've left and Joe would've spent less money.

The actual concept is different from this and involves targeting products to different markets, but that's kind-of the idea.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_discrimination

2. Offline

Maximvdw

The only diff. is .. This is not a store.. its a donation and not something like Pay2Play

gr,
    Maxim

3. Offline

wizard7611

I agree, but what I'm doing is adding tactical guns to the packages and then selling them for $. Not all of them are cheap, but the highest package gets obviously the best stuff. I'm making each rank have their strengths and weaknesses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.