Hosting for developers/projects | cPanel/Free

Discussion in 'Resources' started by MikeA, Apr 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MikeA

Well Hello,

Out of my boredom I am offering free cPanel hosting to any developers looking for space to host plugins, codes, or anything else that is related to bukkit development.

The server is owned by me, so don't assume I'm giving out crappy resold cPanels. I'm simply offering file space to people who are giving to the community here. Your files will not be lost, stolen, or leaked.

If interested simply send me a private message telling me what you will be using it for. I will contact you back if I think you need it. If you don't have any active plugins being developed please pass, I am only offering this to people who dearly need it.
    Disk space and bandwidth is negotiable.

If I indeed think you need the hosting, I'll show you my servers that I've managed and owned for over a year to prove that you're good hosting with me.

If anyone is interested in this message me.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
    -_Husky_- likes this.
  2. Well, I find this is a great idea, and I would instantly message you, but since I already have like two server where I can put up my testing versions I'm taking myself behind to give other the chance of using this great service!

Keep it up!

MikeA likes this.
  3. Offline

MikeA

My resources aren't limited very low.

4. Offline

kahlilnc

I showed a few friends this post here. But do you own a company? And where are these machines from?

5. Offline

MikeA

No I do not own a company, but I do plan to register one for the two servers I host due to tax reasons (and SSL for another site I own).

I do NOT host publicly, I'm simply offering it to people who could use it for coding reasons here.

The server I use as a webserver/cPanel is located in Chicago, IL.
    My servers for Minecraft are in Phoenix, AZ.

kahlilnc likes this.
  6. Offline

dreadiscool

Well, would you be willing to host a site for a minecraft classic server software? No, this is not a derivation of MCForge. I was and have been creating a Minecraft Classic server (software) from scratch in C#, which is compatible with Mono. http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/powerblock-its-like-bukkit-for-classic-except-not.68659/ Right now, I have my builds on sourceforge, but since I have implemented a plugin system like bukkit, I need some space to keep plugins. Ideally, people would be able to upload plugins themselves, and others browse through them.

Does that qualify? I know it's not a Bukkit plugin, but it's something just as good O_O. The reason I'm doing this is because software like MCForge are really good if you want a server thats filled with a lot of things, but sometimes, you need a toned down server. MCForge is a bunch of bloatware. My aim, with my software (PowerBlock) is to be like Bukkit: do nothing by itself, but allow plugin developers to write plugins to extend the functionality.

Not only am I coding from scratch, but I'm coding in a manner many times more efficient than what MCForge does. Hopefully you'll say yes :D

7. Offline

fred302

If you could also host a site for me that would be awesome. I am developer that has been looking for this for years. So far i have one plugin but developing many at the same time. If you could host for my plugin and being developed ones that would be awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.