"Host" bukkit

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Larsn, Jan 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Larsn

Is it possible, without buying a host, to host the same server on different locations.

For instance: "My friend and I want to have a server with more friends, but when my friend is not there, I want to host it. The exact same server"

So is this possible?

2. it's hard t0 make that but it's possible, if the server files of the server will transfer to your pc always to be update. After you need to go to the host website and change the ip and also you need to make the same in your router website.

3. Offline

andrewpo

You could do it easily with a service such as Amazon cloud storage or Dropbox, it's not hard to do but this is way 'over the top'

Alternatively, you could find a cheap host somewhere or use a self-managed cloud server with a company like www.digitalocean.com (but only if you're confident in managing a cloud server)

4. Offline

Bobcat00

Just copy the files (probably best to zip up the entire folder and subfolders) to the other computer. Sounds like it's more trouble than it's worth. Maybe you should just host it on whoever has the faster Internet connection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.