Home Protection Only when Away

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by morshu9001, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Offline

morshu9001

I kinda like it when you can mess with someone's house if they're actually inside or near it. It used to be allowed on my server, but I got LogBlock to prevent any griefing because people were vandalizing and stealing a lot while the target was offline or away.

If anyone has an existing protection plugin or is going to make one, please consider adding an option to protect an area at all times except when the owner is within n blocks of it. I like the fighting of anarchy servers but not the anonymous and cowardly vandalizing/stealing while the owner is away.

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

morshu9001 How does the plugin needs to know who is the owner of the area? How do you define the area?

3. Offline

morshu9001

Just like a normal protection plugin. A lot of them rely on a moderator to come select the area for the user WorldEdit-style, but I've seen one that lets the user place a special block in his house that protects a pretty wide area around it. Maybe allocate one protection block to each user.

4. Offline

rsod

You can check if owner near to block and uncancel breaking event, pretty easy to do, but I'm not doing it as I don't like griefing/pvp servers.

5. Offline

mattrick

You should use faction claiming plugins since its automatic.