Hiring plugin dev - 50ish$ per plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by JerriCop, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Offline

JerriCop

ALL POSITIONS TAKEN (For now)

Hey there, looking for a plugin developer for my upcoming server 'Rapture' which will have about 200 slots and be, well, super awesome.
    I know Java, but not enough to actually have the ability to use it. (lol?)

I'll accept if you'll do it for free, (that would be totally awesome) but I'm sure you won't. So, I'll pay you. =] around 50 bucks a plugin. You can even just do one, anyway here's the stuff I'm looking for:
    ALL OF THESE PLUGINS WILL BE EXCLUSIVE TO RAPTURE. ONCE YOU MAKE A PLUGIN I WILL PAY YOU AND GRANT YOU THE 'Trusted' STATUS ON THE SERVER. DETAILS ON THE ACTUAL SERVER ARE NOT BEING RELEASED TO THE PUBLIC JUST YET. PRICES ARE AN ESTIMATE IN CAD, WHICH BTW IS HIGHER THAN THE US DOLLAR. =]

Faction plugin (40 bucks) [being worked on FOR FREE]
    Include list of players in a faction
    allies
    enemys
    kill/attack/allie/declared war message
    ability to declare war
    Player faction history
    nothing too advanced, just simple chat stuff

Shout at a cost (10 bucks) [being worked on FOR FREE]
    (I'm using herochat)
    it would cost one diamond to shout to the whole server, no matter what group they're in.
    Go ahead and give this to the herochat dev =]

A 'phone' or 'spy' object (40 bucks) [being worked on FOR FREE]
    Rapture has a 75 meter chat radius, if there could be a block like, a gold block and then use a command to declare it as a new 'phone' and then also declare another object that would bind the chat radiuses an example would be billy making a gold block at 0,0,0 and then typing /phone block and right clicking the gold block. he would then go to 100,100,100 and make another 'phone' since the chat radius would not reach if there were two players at each of the phones, the phones would then have a radius of 10, so you could then communicate with the other block from where you are. Confused? good.

Automatic Donation System (40 bucks) [being worked on FOR FREE]
    Kind of like this one http://minecraftonline.com/donate.html I have to make the website first though, lol.

Some more but I'm too lazy to write more/can't think of anything.

If you think you can create one of these plugins/want a bit more info, post a response/add me on skype, my name is Jerricop

In the faculty of updating: I'll pay you 1.50 per update and some more money if I want a new feature.

That'll do =]

Stay tuned for more mods to be added

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  2. Offline

lionking23

Cool... I'll see if I could do one... :p Pretty bored right now lol

3. Offline

JerriCop

It's easy money, anyone want it?

4. How do you pay? And do you have any IM i can add you on so we can talk about the features more precisely

5. Offline

OrtwinS

I love the phone idea... really something for big clan/faction based strategic servers...

And the way you seem to be setting up your server looks like you really want to be a pro server.
    I'll add you to my 'list' of servers I might check out if I get bored with server management myself :D (do 3 names make a list?).

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember seeing the 'Rapture server coming soon' thing a month ago as well... what is 'soon'?

6. Offline

KKLD

What kind of server are you going to use for a 200 slot server? :)

Just curious :)

7. Offline

JerriCop

More info on the server is coming soon, but here is a little bit of information:
    200 slots
    almost lag-free
    100 (or maybe 75?) block chat radius
    grief
    pvp
    faction
    survive
    things like that... I find that the normal minecraft gets boring after awhile making house after house after house, then mega structures just take up too much time and you usually end up abandoning the project. But what for? What do you get out of it in the end? Just a bunch of blocks stacked in variously different locations.
    This brings back your first experience to minecraft, but with a twist. You must colonize to truly succeed in this world. Nobody will have /i or /give (not even me!) everyone will play the game and nobody will have any 'true' benefits.
    This game is about becoming the leader, kind of like politics, the higher you are the more power you will usually have. The more people in your faction the lesser chance of your fortress getting griefed, or your items stolen. It's basically going to be like 'EVE online' with the Butterfly effect. and here is our rule motto: 'If you can do it, you may.'

boop
    Add me on skype and I'd pay with paypal.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  8. Offline

Waterpicker

I'll have a go at this.

9. Offline

Jaker232

I can do the "Shout" one. PM me if you're interested of me helping out.

10. Offline

Specops343

@JerriCop Might I inquire who's making the auto donation plugin?

11. Offline

JerriCop

Wargamer, He'll be releasing it to the public too, with really good configs, expect it to be one of the greatest plugins on bukkit (If he can get the paypal API to work, hehe)

12. Offline

Specops343

Ah thank you. One of the greatest things I have seen about this forum: Someone offers money for a plugin, and the amazing dev's usually end up making it for free :p (I suspect its because we get bored ;) )

13. Offline

JerriCop

indeed, you won't believe how happy I was when they told me 'I'll do it for free if I can publish it'
    I would totally do it myself if I could just take the time to relearn java, I switched to C++ a year before minecraft, but hey, the language is SO much better.