Hide Player Names

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by HCProfessionals, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Offline

HCProfessionals

Plugin category: Mechanics, Role Playing

Suggested name: Name Toggle

What I want: I'm have a pvp world on my server, and the problem is that players can see names below ground and across the map from a huge radius. Would it be possible to have a command to toggle hide your name above your head? Yeah, I know we can press shift to sneak, but no one really wants to do that the entire time they're playing. I know there is already a mod for this, but it's not up-to-date.

Similar plugin (out of date): http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/autosneak/

Ideas for commands: /tag, /sneak, /pvp

When I'd like it by: Yesterday.

I'll donate $10 to the Bukkit Project if this mod is made to better our community :)

frash23 likes this.
  2. Offline

HCProfessionals

Bumpity bump.

3. Offline

frash23

+1 for the update of autosneak. I used to love that plugin.
    I can't do anything about it though. Not a coder.

HCProfessionals likes this.
  4. Offline

xMinecraft

5. Offline

HCProfessionals

I can issue the command, but it doesn't return a response or hide the players name. Does this mod require AntiCheat?

My Plugins - Essentials, Dynmap, Multiverse, WorldEdit

penguinben likes this.
  6. Offline

xMinecraft

7. Offline

Beijiru

Are you referring to a direct sneak command? (/sneak and then u wander around sneaking without pressing shift) or one where ur name is just hidden?

8. Offline

HCProfessionals

xMinecraft - I've installed the Anticheat engine and it's still not returning a response or hiding the name. Also ran on the development release.

Beijiru - Basically looking for a plugin to toggle hide the name above the players head to help in pvp. We have a battlegrounds on our server and the problem is that users can see names above everyone else's head from a very long distance which makes it very easy to find someone else's base.

9. Offline

Beijiru

Well.. It is, as far as I know (don't shoot da messenger) not possible to remove a name tag, but I might have an alternate (on a iPhone, so link will come in next MSG.

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/assassin/ - this basically makes it impossible to recognize the player, there is as far as I know, no way that you can remove the tag totally from normal player (not to mention hackers)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2016
  10. Offline

HCProfessionals

I'm using TagAPI and NoNameTag and it works, but only for Server Operators :(

11. Offline

Beijiru

You should read the wikis that they have, of they dont make you more clever on it, leave a ticket for them asking how to make your players able to not see tags then.

If you don't feel more into it by tomorrow, I will look at their files.

12. Offline

HCProfessionals

It looks like they don't have a lot of scripture on it. I see it's possible with Spout, but screw that, I'm sticking with Bukkit, an I know it's possible. I could careless about the skins not rendering.

13. Offline

Beijiru

Write them a ticket so far, I'll look at it tomorrow.

14. Offline

chasechocolate

Glad to see someone using my plugin :D I am updating that very shortly (probably this weekend) and will allow a command to toggle the visibility name tags.

15. Offline

HCProfessionals

The only problem is it only works for server operators, and really needs to work for everyone. I tried adding the permissions for players, but it's a no-go.

16. Offline

Rprrr

So I posted this in this topic.. http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/nametag-remover.118181/
    You have not searched. :l