Hide health of tools?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by JayHerlth, Feb 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

JayHerlth

I'm developing a plugin, in the plugin your tools have a random generated reason for breaking. If you can see the health of your tools your players kinda expect the upcoming message, tool breakage, and damage from the plugin. It would be much better if I could REMOVE the health status of the item such as a sword or pickaxe to keep it a surprise. Is this possible? I'm not going to develop this into a mod, keeping it a plugin.

2. Offline

AoH_Ruthless

JayHerlth
    If you are talking about removing that durability bar: I think that is client-side and will require NMS if possible.
    Not 100% sure.

3. Offline

Whomp54

JayHerlth
    Maybe on a BlockBreakEvent you can repair their tool and add the player to a HashMap with Player,Integer and add 1 every time to the integer until it reaches a certain number of your choice?

4. Offline

JayHerlth

That might work, it'd defeat the purpose of extra damage on the wrong kind of blocks unless I decide to NOLIFE writing all that code out to match how it should be. I'll look into it further, my imagination is that every time someone breaks a block that the bar will appear with a full green bar and when the repair method comes into play it'd just disappear so you've got a glitchy bar.

I want to keep it all server side, I was never a fan of making people go the extra mile for simple little features and have all their players do it too. I'd rather work around it for days than set up something simple in a few hours so the server owners can just drag, drop, and reload their server with it working 100%

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.