HelpBot/ChatBot/GameBot Plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by ebear, Mar 20, 2014.

?

Would You use this plugin?

1. YES

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Nah, I

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Offline

ebear

Hey!

I'm looking for a plugin that has a character that responds to various prompts.

It would be like a ChatBot or a HelperBot or a GameBot. It would respond to various prompts by either executing a command or saying something in chat.

You can name the Bot as well, and they chat like an ingame player.

For example, if I said "Where can I buy VIP?" it would say "Go to <link> to buy VIP!". If would also detect similar messages that contain most of the words that are in the prompt and would respond the same way. Another possible prompt/response would involve commands. For example, if someone said: Teleport me to <player>, it would do /tp <prompt issuer> <the player>... All definable through the config file.

Another possible feature could be ranks.

For example, there'd be various permissions, and the Bot would respond to prompts if a player has the appropriate permission. For example, and Owner would have bot.owner, and a Member would have bot.member. The player with the Owner permission could say "Bot, Stop the server." and it would stop the server. But, if a Member said that, it would directly message the player saying they don't have permission for that prompt, as it requires a higher rank.

If anyone thinks a plugin like this would be useful, let me know!

If a plugin like this already exists, also let me know!

Thanks!

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

3. Offline

xa112

4. Online

5. Offline

SacredWaste

I believe you can have a user run a command by making them send a message, which would be the command. ex:
    Code:java
    1. player.sendMessage("/spawn");

I bet there are easier ways, this is just off the top of my head and simple.

6. Offline

intronate67

Sending them the message of a command would not execute the command because it is sending a string to the player which is not making that player perform the command.
    Code:java
    1. public void example(Player p){
    2. getServer().dispatchCommand(p, "commandHere");
    3. //Or
    4. p.performCommand("commandHere");
    5. }

drtshock and Hoolean like this.
  7. Offline

ebear

It would just take a prompt and execute a command via the console... Nothing more xD

Similar to the Referrals plugin.

8. Online

That is how you see it.
    It takes loads of code to recognize the command and all of the arguments.

9. Offline

ebear

I guess

10. Offline

Trevor1134

Hmm, just create some keywords and a response if they match.. I could look into this if you are still looking for it.

11. Online

Did that for messages, commands are different though with getting the arguments. But good luck if you are gonna make this.

12. Offline

Trevor1134

timtower The command part would be impossible, as plugins add commands, and you cannot create stuff for each command. Maybe if in a config the plugin would listen for a string set by a user, and would execute a command based on that.?

13. Online

Would work, but without arguments