help.

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by boss86741, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

boss86741

My class:
    Code:
    package com.boss86741.plugins.allday;

import java.util.List;

import org.bukkit.World;
    import org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin;

public class AllDay extends JavaPlugin {
        public List<World> adanWorlds;
        long repeat;

public void timechk() {
            for (World w : adanWorlds) {
                Long now = w.getTime();
                Long dawn = getConfig().getLong("worlds." + w.getName() + ".dawn");
                Long dusk = getConfig().getLong("worlds." + w.getName() + ".dusk");
                if (now < dawn || now > dusk) {
                    w.setTime(dawn);
                }
            }
        }

@Override
        public void onEnable() {
            getLogger().info("Enabled!");
            getLogger().info("It will now always be day.");
            getServer().getScheduler().scheduleSyncRepeatingTask(this, new Runnable() {
                public void run() {
                    timechk();
                }
            }, 60L, repeat);
        }
    }

My error:
    Code:
    07:59:23 [WARNING] [AllDay] Task #16 for AllDay v1.0 generated an exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.boss86741.plugins.allday.AllDay.timechk(AllDay.java:13)
        at com.boss86741.plugins.allday.AllDay$1.run(AllDay.java:29)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_4_6.scheduler.CraftTask.run(CraftTask.java:53)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_4_6.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:345)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_6.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:530)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_6.DedicatedServer.r(DedicatedServer.java:224)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_6.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:494)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_6.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_6.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:849)

2. Offline

xmarinusx

boss86741
    Can you post the lines: 13 and 29?

boss86741 Ah I see, on line 13 you're looping through a List what's null. That causes a nullPointerExeption. I would recommend first checking if the list is not null and than loop through it.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  3. Simply initialize your adanWorlds member in onEnable:

Code:
    adanWorlds = new ArrayList<World>();
    You don't need to check for adanWorlds being null, as it will always have a reference when your plugin is enabled.

Btw, i would suggest you to save the world names instead of the world objects in your List and retrieve the worlds in the loop, by using:
    Code:
    World w = getServer().getWorld(worldName)
    That'll avoid memory leaks and that you are working with an outdated World object. Be sure to check if w is null and use continue; to skip the current iteration if the world with the given name can't be found.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

4. Offline

boss86741

Code:
    17:05:53 [WARNING] [AllDay] Task #2 for AllDay v1.0 generated an exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.boss86741.plugins.allday.AllDay.timechk(AllDay.java:13)
        at com.boss86741.plugins.allday.AllDay$1.run(AllDay.java:29)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_4_R1.scheduler.CraftTask.run(CraftTask.java:53)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_4_R1.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:344)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_R1.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:530)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_R1.DedicatedServer.r(DedicatedServer.java:224)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_R1.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:494)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_R1.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:849)

Anyone?

5. Offline

teunie75

boss86741 It still generates that NPE, did you checked it before using?

6. Offline

boss86741

yes. I checked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.