Help with WorldGuard Regions and groups

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by |Anthony|, May 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

|Anthony|

I'm trying to use WorldGuard's built in tools to control access to wg regions based on group. I must not understand how this is supposed to work though. The possible values for group are supposed to be MEMBER, NON_MEMBER, OWNER, NON_OWNER, or ALL. I presume this refers to the regions owners: and members: lines.

So this is how I understand it to work.

This should allow entry only to people listed in members: and deny everyone else.
    entry: allow
    entry-group: MEMBERS

This should deny exit to people not listed in members: and allow everyone else.
    exit: deny
    exit-group: NON_MEMBERS

This should allow only people listed in owners: to be able to build.
    construct: OWNERS

Basically the allow or deny value will allow or deny only the group listed and do the inverse for everyone else.

I don't know if I am misunderstanding how this works, or if I have an error somewhere, but my members can't build in their own houses, guests are not able to go into shops but can go into the town healing spa, etc.. Nothing is working as expected. Please review my regions.yml file and maybe my permissions.yml file (PeX) to see if we can get things working as expected.

2. Offline

|Anthony|

Alright, this still isn't working after much fiddling. I did misunderstand at least one thing about the entry and exit flags. If set to allow, it is a blanket allow. Meaning that all are allowed.

As it stands now, members are unable to build in their own homes, and the default group can not enter / exit any child regions like shops and the arena or even the hotel that they rent.

Here is a snippet from the regions.yml and the full permissions.yml

VIP status on our server to anyone who gets it working as desired!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.