Help with server please

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by H8ER123, Mar 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

H8ER123

my friend is using minecraftforfree and i have a paid account and when he trie to join my server it says user not premium and it wont let him connect. and my log says his ip and says lost connection
    any help'd b greatly appreciated. thx

2. Offline

xBrownxJESUSx

In your server.properties file, located in your main directory, change the option offline-mode: false to offline-mode: true

3. Offline

flamedaces

xBrownxJESUSx
    he has it on online-mode. which is why he's getting the error.

H8ER123
    Your friend can't join unless he buys an account.

4. 1. Stop the server, in server.properties change online-mode=true to online-mode=false and save the changes.
    2. Start the server and let your friend connect/play the game.

Running an offline-mode server doesn't come without risk. In offline-mode there's no account/user-authentication done, thus there's a increased posibility to attract hackers (name spoofers), griefers etc., unless you have an offline-mode auth-plugin and some sort of anti-grief protection.

Simply whitelisting players isn't sufficient as it only checks by name and not by ip (which is another useless attempt as ip addresses can change).

3. If you don't want to be depended on an auth-plugin its probably better to buy the game. This also gives access to loads more servers and bypasses the hassle/need for an auth-plugin as name spoofing is less common to happen (you will still need anti-grief protection)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.