Solved Help with Permissions! Need help ASAP! Thanks!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by giancarlopurch, Nov 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

giancarlopurch

Hello my name is giancarlo and i own a server. i need help having a permission for ONE WORLD only, and i keep getting you can not interact with this block, etc. my plugins are as follows...
    announcer
    buycraft
    carbon
    custom join items
    empyworldgenerator
    essentials
    essentialsgeoip
    essentialsxmpp
    (now i have essentialsspawn.jar , essentialschat.jar, essentialsprotect.jar, essentialsgroupmanager.jar0 those are jar files.. and continuing with the folder plugins
    fancyportals
    groupmanager
    islandworld (this is what i want to have the building and stuff in for skyblock)
    launchpads (also having problems with this i know its essentials.interact.(id, which for me is stone plate) but i cant get it for some reason i had it before i started messing around with stuff... :/
    minigameparty
    modifyworld
    multiworld
    nomorelagg
    parkour
    permissionsEX
    pluginmetrics
    timelock
    updater
    vault
    worldedit
    world guard

so that was all my plugins...

FEEL FREE TO TELL ME WHAT PLUGINS TO GET RID OF OR REPLACE IM A NOOB AT THIS LOLOLOOL

2. Offline

JaguarJo

Some of your plugins I'm not familiar with, but these couple things should get you headed in the right direction.

You shouldn't be using GroupManager and PermissionsEx at the same time. They are both permissions managers and will conflict with each other. Choose one and remove the other. (And if you ask which one is best, you'll get people arguing over their favorites. Truth is they both work really well; "best" just depends on which one feels easiest to you for configuring.)

The "you cannot interact" messages could be coming from either Essentials or Modifyworld. You should be able to bypass that message by granting your users the permission nodes essentials.build and modifyworld.* .

3. Offline

giancarlopurch

Alright I'll try those in a few minutes. I have most of my perms in group manager cause my friend did them but I'm sure I can transfer them to pex. I'll let you know how it works out!

Now I do have a concern, will my worlds still be protected? And I've actually decided to go with group manager.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2016
  4. Offline

JaguarJo

As long as you've got your WorldGuard regions set up, yeah, everything should be protected.

5. Offline

giancarlopurch

Ok, but I want users to interact with one world only, and that's the island world. Just has islands people go to and create, no buildings, would modifyworld.* change that or is there a specific thing I should do with world guard? And I still haven't had a chance to fix it, but I'll tell u what happens.

6. Offline

JaguarJo

Well you could be more specific with which modifyworld nodes you give to people (list of nodes and stuff here), or since it's only the one world you want people to be able to edit just don't mirror that world's permissions with the other ones and only give the modifyworld perms for the island world.

You could also just remove Modifyworld altogether and use EssentialsAntibuild's permission nodes to limit which worlds people can interact in and which ones they can't. I can't help you too much with configuring WorldGuard since I don't use it on my server, but I'm sure there are ways to get that set up so that it protects everything the way you want it to.

7. Offline

giancarlopurch

Alright I'll tell u in a few. Also, what protection do you use? I don't really know what world guard is so whatever you are using might be easy if you could tell me how to use it.

8. Offline

JaguarJo

My server is using GriefPrevention. I've got some admin claims set up where players can't build or break (spawn and shopping areas, etc.), players can themselves claim parts of the wilderness to protect what they own, and then anything that isn't claimed is free-for-all available for taking. It works really well for my server, but depending on how yours is designed, it may or may not be right for you.

I know a lot of popular servers do use WorldGuard though, so if you decide to stick with that one you should be able to find people who can help you set it up correctly. Basically I would just review the documentation on the plugin pages to see which type of protection looks like what your server needs. Since there are so many different types of servers, it's hard to find just one plugin that can perfectly fit everyone.

9. Offline

giancarlopurch

Alright, and is GriefPrevention used with a factions set up I am guessing?

10. Offline

JaguarJo

I suppose it could be but I've never had Factions on the server, so idk.

11. Offline

giancarlopurch

Oh, ok. I am putting my stuff into the groupmanager page, do you know how to make it have users have specific commands for different worlds? And this might be a stretch, but can you join my server blazecraft.mine.bz to show you exactly what I am talking about?

12. Offline

JaguarJo

The GroupManager config file is where it has world mirroring set up. You can set it so that your worlds share both users and groups, share only users or only groups, or have independent settings. It's kind of hard to explain, but there are examples in the file itself of how to do it.

I don't really have time right now to join your server; I've got to be getting off the computer and finishing things that I've put off for most of the day. I'll try to check back in here later tonight though and see how you're doing with things.

13. Offline

giancarlopurch

Also, when I set myself like a Default, items in my hand go away when I select them? What is causing this?

14. Offline

giancarlopurch

And ok, thanks for getting me on track as to which things I should use.

15. Offline

giancarlopurch

This is what I have. How can I give IslandWorld permissions to have defaults build and stuff but just for this world!

Attached Files:

16. Offline

giancarlopurch

# Group inheritance
    #
    # Any inherited groups prefixed with a g: are global groups
    # and are inherited from the GlobalGroups.yml.
    #
    # Groups without the g: prefix are groups local to this world
    # and are defined in the this groups.yml file.
    #
    # Local group inheritances define your promotion tree when using 'manpromote/mandemote'

groups:
    Default:
    default: true
    permissions:
    - multiworld.command.goto
    - islandworld.island.create
    - islandworld.island.delete
    - islandworld.island.info
    - islandworld.island.spawn
    - islandworld.island.home
    - islandworld.island.sethome
    - islandworld.island.delhome
    - islandworld.island.fixhome
    - islandworld.island.expell
    - islandworld.island.add
    - islandworld.island.remove
    - islandworld.island.tp
    - islandworld.island.leave
    - islandworld.island.visit
    - islandworld.island.join
    - islandworld.island.accept
    - islandworld.island.deny
    - islandworld.island.calc
    - islandworld.island.rank
    - islandworld.island.lock
    - islandworld.island.unlock
    - islandworld.island.biomelist
    - islandworld.island.biomeshow
    - islandworld.island.biomeset
    - islandworld.island.biomechunkset
    - islandworld.create.normal
    - -modifyworld.*
    - essentials.build.interact.70
    - essentials.build.interact.352
    - essentials.build.interact.6
    - essentials.build.interact.262
    - essentials.build.interact.63
    - essentials.build.interact.68
    - essentials.build.interact.323
    inheritance:
    - g:groupmanager_default
    - g:bukkit_default
    - g:essentials_default
    - g:towny_default
    info:
    prefix: '&e[Default]&8'
    build: false
    suffix: ''
    Owner:
    default: false
    permissions:
    - +vanish.effects.toggle.all
    - -vanish.effects.*
    - '*'
    inheritance:
    - admin
    info:
    prefix: '&2[Owner]&8'
    build: true
    Mod:
    permissions:
    - essentials.gamemode
    inheritance:
    - builder
    - g:groupmanager_moderator
    - g:bukkit_moderator
    - g:essentials_moderator
    - g:towny_moderator
    - g:vanish_moderator
    info:
    prefix: '&b[Mod]&8'
    Builder:
    permissions:
    inheritance:
    - g:essentials_builder
    - g:towny_builder
    info:
    prefix: '&9[Builder]&8'
    Admin:
    permissions:
    - worldedit.*
    inheritance:
    - mod
    - g:groupmanager_admin
    - g:bukkit_admin
    - g:essentials_admin
    - g:towny_admin
    - g:vanish_admin
    info:
    prefix: '&4[Admin]&8'

HOW DO I GET IT INTO A LITTLE CONDENSED FILE?

Attached Files:

17. Offline

giancarlopurch

anyone wanna help with me still lol

18. Offline

CowisBoss

giancarlopurch If you explain what you want in one message I might be able to help.

19. Offline

giancarlopurch

Alright so I want to be a blessing to have a world where all groups can break and open chests and build its a skyblock world. But I still want protection for my other world's too

20. Offline

DrPyroCupcake

Use the edit button if you need to add something. Also use PasteBin to paste permission files. So your problem is that players can't build on the islands? I am pretty sure you do that just in the SkyBlock world with the IslandWorld permissions. Isn't that how you setup the game?

21. Offline

giancarlopurch

Yeah and I'm in school I'll get back to you around 5 30ish est

hello im on

so if anyone wants to help out im glad to give you all my stuff

DrPyroCupcake
    im online

giancarlopurch
    im online JaguarJo
    im online ;}

hi im online

JaguarJo help plz :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

22. Offline

JaguarJo

giancarlopurch Sorry for the delayed response time, I'm kind of stuck on how to help you at this point. I don't know much about the mechanics of IslandWorld; your basic groups file there looks like you've got a good start to the whole thing though. I wish I could help you better, but it seems like your entire server setup is just completely different from the servers I have experience with. There are a lot of things I know are possible to do because I've seen other server owners post about them, but without having actually gone through the process of setting it up myself, I can't really walk you through what needs done to get it a certain way.

I'm hoping someone else around here who's more familiar with all of the plugins your server uses sees this thread and feels like helping. Sorry again that I can't really do any more at this point. If you end up with any file parsing errors though, I'd be happy to help with those.

23. Offline

giancarlopurch

Alright thank you! And it was just for like the perms of groupmanager and getting a specific world to allow users to break and stuff

Hello! i acutally have an error i forgot about. I have a pressure plate launcher and when a default steps on it they keep teleporting back to the plate and my console is being spammed by BlazingShoW is moving too quickly or something like that, do you know how to fix that?

24. Offline

JaguarJo

Is there a command block near the pressure plate that could be teleporting the players? ...Honestly, I really don't know what could be causing this one.

25. Offline

giancarlopurch

I can show u my console log.

14.11 01:47:41 [Server] Server thread/WARN BlazingShoW moved too quickly! 0.0,4.768372363628259E-9,0.0 (1.0397731055166868, 0.9016000175476074, 28.356094670804413)
    14.11 01:47:41 [Server] Server thread/WARN BlazingShoW moved too quickly! 0.0,4.768372363628259E-9,0.0 (1.0397731055166868, 0.9016000175476074, 28.356094670804413)
    and if you can join my server i can show u exactly if you want. blazecraft.mine.bz

26. Offline

JaguarJo

The problem isn't that I don't understand what you say is happening, it's just that I have no idea what would be causing that. Actually logging on to see it in person isn't likely to help me know any better either.

When I said I would be happy to help with errors, I specifically mentioned parsing errors (like the type you get when a config file has the spacing messed up or is missing a colon somewhere) because those are the main kinds of errors I understand. There are a whole lot of other server errors that while I may have seen them before, I still don't really know what causes them, so I can't help as much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.