Solved help with maven

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by raGan., Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

raGan.

I would like to convert my plugin to maven, so I set up little sample project to test it before i actually do try to do it with quester. I set up project, set up repository, set up maven. It downloaded everything needed and succesfully built it.

BUT it built nothing. Resulting jar contains only META-INF and no class files or aything else. What am I doing wrong here ? I use m2e, I tried to use various goals, but I think "compile package" should be enough to see some results.

GitHub repo: https://github.com/raGan262/mavenplugin
    If you are cuirious about how my project looks in eclipse, here it is:
    Show Spoiler
    mvn.JPG

I know I am failing very hard somewhere, but I can't seem to find the problem. I am asking here because many of you have been successfully using maven for a long time. Thanks for any help.

Edit: also i don't know how to change JRE in project view, it keeps changing back to 1.5 (probably maven also does that)

Edit2: log

2. Offline

chasechocolate

Shouldn't it be a public void onEnable?

3. Offline

raGan.

now it is, but this isn't the problem here

4. Offline

fireblast709

Netbeans natively supports Maven :p. No clue how it works with eclipse

5. Offline

raGan.

Eclipse with m2e plugin should work just fine, problem is that I have no idea what I'm doing here.

6. Offline

desht

By default, Maven expects to find your sources under src/main/java/<package-path>, which isn't how you have your project laid out.

If you're using m2e, then creating a new Maven project should create the right directory hierarchy for you, but there's nothing to stop you creating those directories yourself.

Also, your plugin.yml should be in src/main/resources. Your pom.xml is in the right place.

Your JRE is indeed influenced by your pom.xml - see https://github.com/desht/ScrollingMenuSign/blob/master/pom.xml for an example - the maven-compiler-plugin definition can be used to define the Java version you want.

raGan. likes this.
  7. Offline

raGan.

desht
    Thanks for clarification, but if I convert already existing project to maven project, it will create this folder structure. Is it OK to just change it to my maven's liking ? What about git repo, will it think it's completely different project when pushing changed folder structure ?

8. Offline

desht

Git is fairly clever about spotting files that have been moved within a repo - that should work fine (but make a backup of your current project layout first!)

9. Offline

raGan.

desht
    Thanks again for help.
    I had one more problem, but I managed to it solve myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.