Help with interact events

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by yustinv2, Mar 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

yustinv2

Hello, im having some little problems with actions in the interact event, i wanna make that the user recieves a message when they do left then right and then left click like that, i have problems when i do left click because is repeated and it do 2 actions instead of 1 my code is this:

public class Testing implements Listener {

@EventHandler
    public void InteractEvent(PlayerInteractEvent e) {
    Player p = e.getPlayer();
    Action action = e.getAction();

if (p.getItemInHand().getType() == Material.PAPER){
    if (action.equals(Action.LEFT_CLICK_AIR) || action.equals(Action.LEFT_CLICK_BLOCK)){
    p.sendMessage(ChatColor.DARK_RED + "Test 1");}
    if (action.equals(Action.RIGHT_CLICK_AIR) || action.equals(Action.RIGHT_CLICK_BLOCK)){
    p.sendMessage(ChatColor.DARK_RED + "Test 2");}
    if (action.equals(Action.LEFT_CLICK_AIR) || action.equals(Action.LEFT_CLICK_BLOCK)){
    p.sendMessage(ChatColor.DARK_RED + "Test 3");}
    }

}
    }

So the problems is when i left click with a paper i recieve the message Test 1 what is the correct one and i recieve Test 3, how i could make to just run test1 in the first left click and then test2 in the second or third left click ?

Im sorry if my english is so bad...

2. Offline

JetsinsuGZ

Code:
    if (action.equals(Action.LEFT_CLICK_AIR) || action.equals(Action.LEFT_CLICK_BLOCK))
    Instead of using .equals, use == Action.LEFT_CLICK_AIR

You could use an ArrayList to get the different message.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  3. Offline

yustinv2

how i could make an arraylist to send diferent messages ? i never tried it, btw i dont need it to send message, i will make it to combine diferents click to make diferents actions like if you do left click then right and then left you will fire a fireball,

i alredy resolved it making just a 1 block, not necesary a arraylist btw Thanks

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.