Help with Developing plugin. Need Suggestions!!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by AustinGreyson, May 29, 2020.

1. Offline

AustinGreyson

Okay. About 1 hour ago I began coding my first plugin that I'm going to post on dev.bukkit.org. And It's sort of a omegle discord xender customizable mini-Essentials plugin with a nice layout. So, I began coding it and here's what I got so far:
    Commands:

/se - Main command to list help (Server Essentials plugin name)
    /seperms - View permissions for the plugin/
    /heal [player] - Heal yourself or other players with the permission se.heal
    /feed [player] - Feed yourself or other players with the permission se.feed
    /fly - Enables and Disabled fly mode
    /gm - If in GameMode Survival it makes you in Creative. If in Creative takes you to Survival.
    /check <player> - Shows you info about another player, last login, Ip, banned, etc.
    /clearchat or /cc - Clears global chat.
    /v or /vanish - Vanish from non-vanished players.
    /cmute - Mutes global chat, (Non ops cannot speak)
    /mute <player> - Mutes specified player
    /warn <player> [reason] - Warns Player with a reason, 3rd warn is a kick.

And that's about it... I can't seem to find any more ideas for the plugin. Please leave suggestions below!
    It's basically a bunch of useful plugin put into one. Thanks for reading. Please don't leave too much advanced things as I am still a beginner at coding Bukkit API. Regards - Mink

Last edited: May 31, 2020
  2. Offline

timtower Moderator Moderator

@AustinGreyson Why do you need a massive plugin then? Why not just stick with this?

3. Offline

KarimAKL

What if you're in neither of those gamemodes?
    You could change it to:
    Code:
    /gm [0, 1, 2, 3, s, c, a, sp, survival, creative, adventure, spectator] [player]
    Then make it so that if no argument is passed, it switches between creative and survival (if you're not in creative, you'll be creative, if you're creative, you'll be survival).

You could try to add area claims, either with or without WorldEdit as a requirement. (You could make WorldEdit a soft-depend, and then only make claiming possible if it's on the server)

I can't really think of any other "essentials" for a server at the moment.