Help Whit My Plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Marius A. Winsjansen, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Greetings,

I wonder if someone have an idea on how to make an plugin that makes it possible to:

- Define an Area
    - Choose WHAT mob/animal that should be spawned IN that area (NO mobs/animals needs to be outside that area)
    - Choose how much mobs/animals that is the max limit of spawning in that area!
    - Set delay on how often it spawns!

I have some ideas, but i dont know if there is better ways! I dont whant any one to make it for me, since i am currently working whit it, whit an developer already!

I just wonder if peoples can come whit examples on how it is best to do it!

Here is the examples we have:

Example 1:

Place the in-game monsterspawner somewhere!
    Place a sign beside/over/under/right/left to the spawner, whit this text:

-----Pig----
    -----10-----
    -----50-----
    -----10-----

The first line "pig" is ofc the mobtype (can be more than one mob)!
    The second line "10" is the amount of pigs we whant it to be inside!
    The third line is the radius for the place the 10 bigs is going to be!
    The fourht line "10" is the delay (minutes) for how often the plugin spawn 10 pigs (if its already 8 there, it will only spawn 2)

Example 2:

Define an area by using any tool for pos1 and pos2 (like worldedit) and use commands to choose what mob, what amount and what deley!

Currently i dont have any other ideas, and these to ideas is pretty hard to make!

We have some problames whit getting it to work so that pigs DONT get outside the region we whant them to be inside! Also, we dont know how to make it possible for the plugin to check if there is 8 pigs there, so it only spawns 2, not 10 again, and again (and again)... this will just end up beeing 100000000 pigs after awhile!

If some1 knows something, have an better idea or anything, please help me! :)

Regards,
    TheSuperMar10

bump

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  2. Offline

deazurain

Hey Marius,

If you know that pigs will only spawn because of the spawn areas, you can register every pig that you spawn. Then you can periodically check if pigs are outside of their areas and count how many pigs are alive in an area.

Also, you should write with like so. Not whit ;)

Good luck!

3. Thank you for answearing me! :) and yeah, my English is not so god, its hard to know when to use "now/know..whit/with/.." and stuff :p

I just dont know how to code it, and how to get the plugin to know how many pigs there is in the area.. and also , how to get them "killed/away" when they go outside the area!:/

4. Now and know are 2 completely different words. Just saying. :p Just Google their meanings and try to remember it. Its not that hard.

5. Its "I know i am good at this" and.. "its now time for some partying"!

Right? I didnt use google!