[Help wanted] Introducing the Visual Plugin Creator!

Discussion in 'Resources' started by jtjj222, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ab9876

I could work on this, but my windows partition is almost out of space, and it is rather complicated on a mac. I am having trouble starting it on the mac partition, because of the way java works and stuff. Good luck, guys. Please continue working on this. I would love to see the outcome!

2. Love you too...

jtjj222 likes this.
  3. Offline

Lactem

This sounds interesting. Could I help?

4. Offline

jtjj222

Of course. I will eb working on this more in roughly 3 weeks when I get out of school.

5. Offline

jtjj222

Progress report:

- I have a (very lo-fi) drawing of an idea for the gui that I had:

Scanned Document.jpg

You can add new nodes by draging and droping, or by typing in the name. Clicking on a node brings up an itunes-like split:
    [​IMG]

I'm not too sure how this would be implemented, but it would be a lot of work. If we would do it in swt or swing, we would probably need custom components to handle the graph syntax tree view, and possibly a custom look and feel depending how it looks.

Also, in hindsight, it is probably best to just use xml as the save file, and not as part of the underlying architecture; It is an implementation detail. We can use an internal syntax tree to represent the graph, and it easily be converted to/from a visual graph, xml and java.

- SoThatsIt : Can you send me the source to the storyboard?

- There is a very real possibility that looms on me... This will be a lot of work, however I am not sure if the amount of work required is justified by the size of the user base. Any ideas? Perhaps just downsizing to a smaller but still useful tool?

6. Offline

SoThatsIt

Here is the download for storboard, <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

the source is inside the jar

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2016
  7. Offline

Kodfod

[quote uid=72296 name="SoThatsIt" post=1707336]Here is the download for storboard, <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

the source is inside the jar[/quote]

Thanks for the source, But next time you make a runnable jar file, make sure you have a main manifest attribute. Other wise it will not be runnable!

Edit: Just for knowledge's sake... To run a program like that, you need to know where the main method resides, and in this case it's: StoryBoardTest class. So the command to run said Program is:

Code:
    java -cp storyboard.jar me.sothatsit.storyboard.StoryBoardTest
    Storyboard.jar is the jar file, and the me.sothatsit.storyboard.StoryBoardTest is the path way to the main class (With the class at the end).

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2016
  8. Offline

SoThatsIt

it is an api not a runnable jar, it is to be used by java applications but it isnt a java application.

9. Offline

Kodfod

See this is what happens after 48 hours of no sleep! xD

10. Offline

jtjj222

SoThatsIt
    Seems interesting, and it will definitely be useful. It is really helpful, especially to someone like myself who doesn't know swing very well. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.