Help understanding basic permissions & YAML (WorldGuard)

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by dragonfire613, Dec 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

dragonfire613

Ok, I've spent several days trying to troubleshoot this and figure out how to do basic permissions using Worldguard, and nothing I try works.

I have myself assigned as op and everything works fine for me.
    Any other users who login to server cannot use commands.

What I want to happen: Any first-time users fall into the "Newbie" group, and be able to use commands I allow in permissions.yml (in this example, "/rg info" and "/rg list")

Presently, when users attempt to use ANY command, they get red message "You don't have permission."
    Likewise, immediately when typing a command ("/rg info" in this example), as soon as they type "/r", (before pressing enter) a message pops up "Unknown or incomplete command, see below for error at position 1: /<--[HERE]"

I started building my permissions.yml file using example from this post: https://bukkit.org/threads/bukkit-guide-permissions.50305/

I have also tried several other variations of formatting I've found, all give the same result (or errors).

My OS: Windows 10 Build 18363.1256
    64-Bit
    Java version: 1.8.0_271, 64-Bit
    Running craftbukkit using command: "java -Xms2G -Xmx2G -jar craftbukkit-1.16.4.jar"
    Plugins in plugin folder: worldedit-bukkit-7.2.0-dist.jar, worldguard-bukkit-7.0.4

Here is my permissions.yml file:
    Code:
    groups:
      Newbie:
        default: true
        permissions:
        - worldguard.region.info.*
        - worldguard.region.list
        inheritance: []
        info:
          prefix: []
          build: true
          suffix: ''
      Member:
        default: false
        permissions: []
        inheritance:
        info: []
      Owner:
        default: false
        permissions: []
        inheritance:
        info: []
    I have tried listing the permission commands in 'quotes' as I've seen in other examples, still get the same result. I have also tried "worldguard.region.info.*", "worldguard.region.list.*", "worldguard.region.*", "worldguard.*" and still get the same results. I have tried using 4 spaces instead of two for indentations as seen in other examples, no change (or sometimes errors).

I feel like I'm missing something fundamental, but any help to get me going would be appreciated.

2. Offline

0mega351

hello! i am just wondering how i can allow cirten people to be able to build in a region without making them an operater i am making an economy server and im trying to make it so that people when they buy a region with vault they can configure their region/home but not be able to configure other peoples regions and be able to add members who can build there kinda like roommates when you move into a house/dorm for a year but not really can you please help me??????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.