Solved HELP PLEASE READ!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by UltiFix, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

UltiFix

Alrighty,
    I have really tried to figure this out myself but I just cant seem to get it...... how would I set up a dns on my server? I think that's what it is called when you use words instead of a ip address to connect to your minecraft server. how would I set one up thorugh no-ip I have tried but cant get it so please provide step by step instructions and screen shots would be helpful. :)

2. Offline

LaxWasHere

A names?

3. Offline

chad53105

well, you can buy a domain from go daddy or someone else.

4. Offline

UltiFix

what do you mean by that....

how would I set one up through no-ip.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  5. Offline

reubn

You choose a Dynamic DNS provider like no-ip. Then install their program on your computer then choose a sub-domain
    or buy a domain then you follow their instructions. You must have your minecraft port forwarded

Hope it helped

Reuben

6. Offline

chad53105

y u no have IP?

seriously, if you have a server, how do your users connect?

7. Offline

jorisk322

no ip is a sub-domain dns service.

8. Offline

chad53105

jorisk322
    I never claim to know EVERYTHING...so, since this now confuses me. please explain.

9. Offline

jorisk322

No-ip basically is like namecheap or whatever other domain service, but it's free, and it's a subdomain.

10. Offline

lol768

Is your IP address static or dynamic?

11. Offline

UltiFix

thanks ill try it! but maybe provide more step by step LOL

the one were it doesn't change every time I go on the internet..... but it does change like every 2 weeks its weird. I thik our modeming is glitching out

I said I want to use a website LIKE no-ip and yes I have a ip

uh..... your kind of stealing my thread. make your own please

ok so I got it all set up but when I try to connect it says connecting to server then timed out....

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

12. Offline

chad53105

jorisk322
    thx for the info...i dont feel so lost now.

mboy289
    have you tried to ping your IP from across the WAN(internet)? Or have a friend try to ping it?

Ok, you have an IP. Can your users ping/connect to it? Also, with an IP, you should be able to register a domain name to your IP address with something like godaddy. I use allgamer.net to host my server AND register my domain name.

13. Offline

UltiFix

people can connect to my server via ip and I think I can ping it also..... everything works exept I just need help setting up no-ip

ok....... when I add a host should I choose round robin port 80 redirect or what?

14. Offline

chad53105

mboy289
    that I am not too familiar with. I just purchased a domain, they set it up. i would assume you can do that, and then your users can use www.YOURDOMAIN.com:25560 for a simple connection or even remove the port.

15. Offline

UltiFix

sry but im to cheap to pay...... so yea.

16. Offline

jaradzoida

Step one: Log on to no-ip
    Step two: click "add a host"
    Step three: configure the host and whatnot and choose your domain like minecraftserver.no-ip.info or something
    Step four: install the no-ip client on the machine that is running the server.
    Step five: make sure in the application you installed that the host you made is checked. It should say your ip and hosts: 1 if you have one host set up

mboy289 and chad53105 like this.
  17. Offline

UltiFix

ok sooo..... first it was a x then I hit manage or whatever checked the mark thing then I went back and it was green next to it but when I try to connect it says connecting to server for ever.... im on the same network is that y?

UPDATE: my friend tried from his house and it works

18. Offline

UltiFix

oh yea solved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.