help needed! game crashing

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by tiwar, Sep 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

tiwar

hi!
    i don't know if this actually has anything to do with bukkit att all,but i try to narrow it down.
    here it goes
    i have a dedicated server running in a local network
    since the update to 1.8.1 i am experiencing client side crashes after just about 3 minutes..
    and when walking around i see right thru the map,it's getting worse when teleporting home for an example.
    there seems that there is no strain on the server or it's memory and i have a 200mbit connection to the server
    i tried reinstall minecraft,update to java 7,create bat file for minecraft,change to different parameters in java but still no progress.
    i took som screenshots if it could help
    would much appreciate any help on this
    regards tiwar

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Offline

Acrobot

@tiwar
    Install x64 java. If you use 32-bit java, it can only use <2GB ram.

3. Offline

tiwar

im running 32bit windows on the client pc,is that possible to run 64 bit java on that?
    and i have also been testing vanilla server now..no crash so far
    that confuses me,could it be a bukkit issue?
    ps.
    im running 64 bit java on the server and i have allocated 10gb of ram to bukkit server

4. Offline

Acrobot

@tiwar
    Oh, I thought you were hosting this server on your PC :p

If you're running 32-bit windows, you probably don't have more than 3GB of ram. Change your view distance in minecraft properties to normal.

Your client just can't render all the entities in the 1.8 update.

5. Offline

tiwar

running vanilla server did also run out of memory,but it took a little bit over an hour before it occured..
    i will try change view distance,see if that solves the problem..
    i have 4gb ram,and windows 7 probably takes around 1.5gb,that leaves 2.5gb for minecraft..probably only 2gb
    but isn't it a limitation on java 32bit to 1gb of ram? i'll vaguely recall something like that!?
    so what is the conclusion of this? minecraft needs a moore powerful pc?

came to think of it..wouldn't the new update cause this problem for the majority of the users?
    it must be some leak of some sort,since i only can be at the server for 3 minuter before it runs out of memory..
    and i also tried render a new world(wich we play on right now) and installed the newest graphics driver
    windows is updated
    i saw something when i made a bat file for minecraft.exe does this say you anything?
    View attachment 6802

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.