Solved HELP!!!!! need this fixed ASAP!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by mrme123, May 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

mrme123

I recently got a plugin called RankSigns basically when u right click a sign, it buys a rank and moves u into the rank/group. My problem at the moment is, when players buy a rank it moves them into the group but a couple of seconds later it moves you back into your original group or the default Player group. I have gotten alot of other buy rank plugins such as SignRanks, MasterPromote and PaidRanks and they all have the exact same issue, which i think means, it has something to do with essentials group manager, which is my main groups/permissions file and this problem is very annoying and has been happening for ages and i was wondering if any1 on bukkit knows a fix. Thanks. :)

bump

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016
  2. Offline

Necrodoom

use masterpromote, try promote, and paste exactly whats going on.

3. Offline

mrme123

my server log?

necrodoom if u wanna talk easier can give me your skype? only if u want to.

*sigh*

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

4. Offline

Necrodoom

5. Offline

mrme123

i asked u want me to paste server log when i do>?

6. Offline

Necrodoom

yes.

7. Offline

mrme123

kk will do! gime a min

2013-05-11 22:06:28 [INFO] You changed player 'X8ReaperZ' group to 'Player+' in world 'world'.
    2013-05-11 22:06:35 [INFO] [Player+] <~X8ReaperZ>: test
    2013-05-11 22:06:43 [INFO] Disconnecting killer [/187.106.188.12:52472]: You are not white-listed on this server!
    2013-05-11 22:06:57 [INFO] Disconnecting killer [/187.106.188.12:52479]: You are not white-listed on this server!
    2013-05-11 22:07:00 [INFO] [ClearLag] Removed 5 Entities!
    2013-05-11 22:07:02 [INFO] [Player+] <~X8ReaperZ>: test
    2013-05-11 22:07:03 [INFO] [Player+] <~X8ReaperZ>: test
    2013-05-11 22:07:03 [INFO] Disconnecting killer [/187.106.188.12:52482]: You are not white-listed on this server!
    2013-05-11 22:07:08 [INFO] -----------------[X8 MC Server]------------------
    2013-05-11 22:07:08 [INFO] There are [1/125] players online.
    2013-05-11 22:07:08 [INFO] Online Staff: X8ReaperZ,
    2013-05-11 22:07:08 [INFO] ------------------------------------------------
    2013-05-11 22:07:18 [INFO] X8ReaperZ issued server command: /warp survival
    2013-05-11 22:07:25 [INFO] [Player] <~X8ReaperZ>: test
    it dosnt say any error about moving to player just last i was moved to player for no reason :/ although in-game it says Moved player into [Group] [world] and when i did /warp survival it didnt change after it changed b4 i did the /warp

8. Offline

Necrodoom

sounds like you need to mirror your worlds.

9. Offline

mrme123

k i gtg to bed necro please help me find a solution so i can open server tommorow :/ greatly appreciate your help cya :)

i IDID

i mirrored all the users in every world. :(

10. Offline

Necrodoom

then paste your files.

11. Offline

mrme123

settings:
    config:
    # With this enabled anyone set as op has full permissions when managing GroupManager
    # The user will be able to promote players to the same group or even above.
    opOverrides: true

# Default setting for 'mantoglevalidate'
    # true will cause GroupManager to attempt name matching by default.
    validate_toggle: true
    # **********************************************************************************************************************************
    # *** NOTE: Having this feature enabled, improper use of commandblocks will lead to undesireable permission changes, be alarmed! ***
    # **********************************************************************************************************************************
    allow_commandblocks: false

data:
    save:
    # How often GroupManager will save it's data back to groups and users.yml
    minutes: 10
    # Number of hours to retain backups (plugins/GroupManager/backup)
    hours: 24

logging:
    # level of detail GroupManager will use when logging.
    # Acceptable entries are - ALL,CONFIG,FINE,FINER,FINEST,INFO,OFF,SEVERE,WARNING
    level: INFO

mirrors:
    # Worlds listed here have their settings mirrored in their children.
    # The first element 'world' is the main worlds name
    # subsequent elements 'world_nether' and 'world_the_end' are worlds which will use
    # the same user/groups files as the parent.
    # Each child world can be configured to mirror the 'groups', 'users' or both files from it's parent.
    world:
    world_nether:
    - users
    sga1:
    - users
    sga2:
    - users
    sga3:
    - users
    creativeworld:
    - users
    skyworld:
    - users
    factionspvp:
    - users
    survival:
    - users
    world_the_end:
    - users
    # world2: (World2 would have it's own set of user and groups files)
    # world3:
    # - users (World3 would use the users.yml from world2, but it's own groups.yml)
    # world4:
    # - groups (World4 would use the groups.yml from world2, but it's own users.yml)
    # world5:
    # - world6 (this would cause world6 to mirror both files from world5)

12. Offline

Necrodoom

13. Offline

mrme123

fyi the spacing is correct.

ok ok sorry

http://pastebin.com/UgwEcpZf

like i said gtg to bed please leave solution if u find! bye

14. Offline

Necrodoom

you mirrored the users, but not the groups.yml, which would mean if a user goes to a world where the group he is in doesnt exist, he will be deranked to default.

15. Offline

mrme123

OHHH how can i fix this??? because each world has different permissions which is the groups.

only reason why i dont link groups is becuase different groups has different perms for each world

16. Offline

Necrodoom

make sure all worlds have the same groups.

17. Offline

ivanst321

if you mirrored them, you don't need to make all of the world have the same group.yml or user.yml
    just make sure you edit your group.yml at worlds/world
    not at worlds/world_nether or worlds/world_the_end or anything

18. Offline

mrme123

but each worlds have separate permissions.. for each group

19. Offline

Necrodoom

make sure they have the same groups, wasnt talking about perms.

20. Offline

mrme123

do you mean make sure each world with the file "groups" has the same group in at as all the worlds? oh btw necrodoom if u want to can u pls add me on skype? it would save alot of mine and your time :) just to quick chat

OMGGG i found the issue!!

im so silly!! necrodoom a couple of days ago i created new ranks called player+ member member+ i wanted them to have the same PERMS as player so i copied and paste them BUT i also copied and paste them with the option default enabled to TRUE meaning they are all the defaults for every world DAMIT DAMIT DAMIT!!! xD thanks for all your help necrodoom lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.